PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM Owners - front and center

USMC 0341
March 13, 2008, 09:22
How many of you Filer's have a SOCOM tucked away in the safe somewhere?

Yeah, I know. It's not quite an M-14 but it is in a way. Kinda like the 21st century take on the old battleaxe.

I'd been jonezin' for a '14 since the one I built 20 years ago was stolen. Last fall I was in a fun store picking up a few pistols I had ordered and there it was - a SA SOCOM with a price tag I couldn't pass up.

"Put this on the tab" I told the guy who was writing up my order.

Walking out to the car I felt like I was almost whole again.

shortround
March 13, 2008, 09:33
Here's mine. I guess it would be a SOCOM clone because it's not built by SAI. I picked up a take off "kit" which was the barrel, scout mount, stock, handguard, and muzzle brake/front sight combo. I built it up using USGI parts for everything else on a Fulton Armory (Armscorp) receiver. I've been very happy with it. The other rifle in the picture was built on another Fulton receiver and was actually my first M14 type build. All USGI except for the Criterion barrel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/harleyany1/DSCN0186.jpg

gunshack
March 13, 2008, 09:37
Getcherself a LRB on order before they run out of USGI parts, you wont regret it. I was talking to Paul@LRB at the shot show, and he figures only a couple years worth of parts kits left.

The socom is fun, I've put a few magz through one that my buddy owned. Not my cup of tea. My freind ordered an LRB after shooting mine, and sold the socom after his LRB arrived.

USMC 0341
March 13, 2008, 09:40
I've been thinking about an LRB too.

I wouldn't sell the SOCOM - I never sell guns 'cause I know whatever I bought once I will always want to have one of (at least). But I could make room for an LRB without selling the SOCOM.

HughJass
March 13, 2008, 09:51
Got one with a cheapy 3x9 on it. I know, a mismatch but it's a great shooter and fun stuff.

M1A next.

Andrewsky
March 19, 2008, 17:35
I think LRBs are kind of stupid when you can get the same thing for half the price from SAI.

My SOCOM has an Ultimak, Aimpoint Comp C3, Versa-Pod sling swivel/rail, Streamlight TLR-1, and Eagle sling.

I like it more than the Standard M14 configuration.

vmtz
March 19, 2008, 20:21
I got a SOCOM, sweet little rifle.

Vince

wayne in boca
March 20, 2008, 05:10
I have a Socom 16.Like it a lot.Hogs fear it.