PDA

View Full Version : replacment stock for savage 223

Shootability
March 12, 2008, 20:51
I have 2 Savage rifles - one a .243 12bvss and one a .223 with a heavy barrel but just the standard plastic stock - I want a stock like the 12bvss - Richards Microfit has some that look good - I want the weight of a laminate - any thoughts on what to get?

English Mike
March 13, 2008, 23:00
Do some research on Richards Microfit before you order from them.
They appear to have a problem with the concept of time.

Shootability
March 13, 2008, 23:15
I cannot get them on the phone - and they do not return calls - so that is that, but they sure looked nice.

RottenII
March 14, 2008, 08:02
I just put a McMillan stock on my 10FP and love it. Custom order right from McMillan and took about 16 weeks but they told me that right upfront and they were within a week of there estimate. They are very helpful on the phone.

kerplode
March 14, 2008, 17:46
The Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist is nice...I just picked one up for my 10FP. I haven't had a chance to mount it yet, but it's solid and the build quality seems good.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-110/Bell-%26-Carlson-A2/Detail

Shootability
March 14, 2008, 17:55
i ordered the one that Brownells sells as a target model - looks like what I need and I will post a review.

Shootability
March 14, 2008, 17:59
Originally posted by solvability
i ordered the one that Brownells sells as a target model - looks like what I need and I will post a review.

LONG-RANGE BENCH SAVAGE PILLAR-BEDDED SYNTHETIC STOCKS

Mfr: BROWNELLS

Strong, Lightweight & Ready For Final Finishing

http://www.brownells.com/Images/Products/084000096.jpg

Inletted, pillar-bedded, synthetic stocks include a 7075 aluminum skeleton that runs from the trigger group to the front swivel stud for ultimate rigidity. Made from a fiberglass-graphite epoxy thatís lightweight and impressively durable. Includes a precisely fitted 1" rubber buttpad for ultimate recoil protection and a set of Uncle Mikeís Swivel Studs already installed. Available for Savage long- and short-action rifles. Barrel channels may require minor inletting. Flat forend and flat buttstock provide great stability and repeatability when shooting off of sandbags. Doesnít include swivel studs. Short Action (SA) or Long Action (LA).

SPECS: Synthetic. Forend - 3" (7.6cm) wide. Barrel Channel - Medium to heavy varmint contour. Length of Pull - 13ĺ" (35cm).

rcnpthfndr
March 24, 2008, 07:31
get ahold of Joel russo, he makes laminate stocks in any of the mcmillan family. plus he has a large inventory of other blanks. currently he is putting my CZ 550 into a A5 laminate.

Heat
March 25, 2008, 00:10
Or simply try Midway.com

they have a large selection of stocks...I bought a Bell&Carlson duramaxx synthetic and it fantastic, especially at $120'ish..drop in, free floated and piller bedded
good luck!

P.S. they also sell laminate for your rifles!

HankC
March 29, 2008, 19:55
Boyd has laminate stocks for Savage at very reasonable prices.