PDA

View Full Version : Somethings up at Armscorp!

Ssarge
March 12, 2008, 00:32
Just saw this on The Firing Line where they have a receiver Group Buy.
Just got off the phone with Mark at JAR and the Armscorp Receiver Group Buy now closed!

Mark has informed me that he is no longer with Armscorp or involved in any aspect with Armscorp receivers, with the exception of those receivers that have already been paid for. He stated that he won't be able to ship those receivers for several weeks until his ATF approval is in place for the new place. He wasn't able to give me any updates at this time on who has ordered/paid for receivers. He says that that information is in boxes that are currently being unpacked during setup of his new office. He says that he will get me that information, but it would be sometime next week. He also informed me when I asked that he left the 1st of the month.
When I brought up the fact that communication on his part between he and I was almost non-existant, he said that he wasn't going to discuss it, so the conversation was termiated.

He also informs me that Jack Friese the owner of Armscorp is the one to contact concerning any warrantee issues with the receivers. He states that he will not step foot on Jack's property so he is not in any position to do any warrantee work. Contact Jack at (443) 992-8031

He also told me that The ATF won't allow Jack Friese to make any more receivers and that most likely they won't allow anyone else to make them at that location.

I have done everything that I could to get information from him. I suggest that if you have a paid order placed with JRA, that you call Mark for confirmation later in the week.

contact Mark at (410) 923-7942 or e-mail to jamesriverarmory@gmail.com

So, I would say something is foul in Maryland and I wouldn't be sending them any of my money until it's resolved! If you want an Armscorp receiver, get one from Numrich if they still have any left.
Since Fulton Armory was getting it's receivers from Armscorp this answers some of the questions about why they have no source for receivers and have none in hand. Wow, I was so looking forward to the forged James River Armory receivers for under $800.... :sad:

vmtz
March 12, 2008, 05:59
In the last issue of Shotgun News, I glanced at a ad that stated that there was a new manufacturer of Armscorp receivers or they would be made at a new place. Something to that effect.

Vince

gunshack
March 12, 2008, 11:12
I hope this isn't the end of Armscorp USA.

Ssarge
March 12, 2008, 14:16
Originally posted by vmtz
In the last issue of Shotgun News, I glanced at a ad that stated that there was a new manufacturer of Armscorp receivers or they would be made at a new place. Something to that effect.

Vince

Seems they have had a falling out over there and now the BATFE has gotten involved. The new receivers were being made with Armscorp on them as well at the James River Armory name. The Firing Line had a special edition being made, and it had receivers with both just the Armscorp name and it's logo and the new JRA/A TFL logo on them. Now they are getting no more of the run. No idea of when the ones not delivered but paid for will be delivered. They are moving, again. ATF is now involved, and one of the partners can't set foot on the property where the paperwork and machinery currently is. He's having to wait for his FFL and other paperwork from ATF.
Personally, I think that's a problem! I say, runaway, runaway! :uhoh:
BTW-that ad was in a SGN from last month.

W.E.G.
March 12, 2008, 14:23
Originally posted by Ssarge
Jack Friese the owner of Armscorp is the one to contact concerning any warrantee issues with the receivers.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

2barearms
March 12, 2008, 21:28
The History of Armscorp is fraught with this sort of stuff. It is a shame that
it had to end up like this, but it is the rule rather than the exception. Claude
Rankin was the really the glue that held things together for the last couple
years, and I believe he left and is only involved with his RA Parts deal.
Claude's a wonderful friend and a helluva guy to deal with.

kingfish
March 12, 2008, 21:42
I've delt with Mark before in person at MD gun shows. To put it mildly, he's not paddling with both oars in the water. A lot of guys at those gunshows look down on him because he sells "restored" garands. They have restamped stocks, barrels, everything. He told me they were moving into Armscorp's facility together. It seems his plans are changing frequently.
I really wonder what his story is because I'd like to buy one of those receivers.

captk
March 13, 2008, 12:57
I ordered an M14 receiver 4 weeks ago from Mark and received it 2 weeks later. I took it and a Winchester M14 parts kit and dropped them off to be built. LRB has an auction for Armscorp receiver with a buy it now price of $399. If you need a receiver you might want to look into this.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94712828

Ken

Roger Nuss
March 15, 2008, 12:39
I have heard from any number of folks over the years that Armscorp USA
is a far cry from what Armscorp of America used to be. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

JohnnyReb
March 17, 2008, 21:23
Two of my M-14's are built on 2003 vintage Armscorp receivers and both are great shooters.

andresere
March 17, 2008, 22:10
This one's an Armscorp. Well, one of them is anyway.