PDA

View Full Version : Need more topics about the SCAR.... especially the ' H '...

ballistic308
March 11, 2008, 20:37
We need some more topics in this forum!

And we really need a place for any any new info on the SCAR. Different boards keep posting the same things about them.... We need some new info out here in the abyss...

So here it is, post your thoughts and/ or links......

:fal:

C2A1
March 12, 2008, 15:43
I have had a dinner with the test team from FN and talked to them at the SHOT show and there will be no SCAR H. I have the NAVSEA briefings with all the data and it would be a cool rifle. I didn't ask if that was none at all or just no civilian sales. At the SHOT show they said they did not want the SCAR-H to compete with the FNH sniper rifle. The civilian SCAR in 223 may be out by Jan 2009.
Given FNs performence in the past, I'd be real surprised if any SCARs get out the door before the next ban.
Our only hope is from Magpul( or maybe Robinson) for a new 7.62 NATO rifle that we as cilvians can actually own.
Just passing along what I heard.

C2A1
March 13, 2008, 09:28
Just an update, The other interesting rifle that may come on line is the KEL-TEC RFB. This is a neat bullpup 7.62 NATO rifle. It uses FAL magazines (corrected from another post). It will be coming out in a sporter (24in barrel), carbine ( 18 in barrel) and a target with a 32 inch barrel. The carbines length is 26 inches which is a pretty small 7.62 package!

B.A.R Boy
March 13, 2008, 15:06
Wow, I though the Scar-H was allready being used by some spc-ops. Guess not.

I like the SCAR type (XM-8, what ever) weapon systems but in reality they don't fix to much. In my opinion its a souped up ploy AR. With some bells on it.

When the militery gets its new rifle I would like to see more of a G-11, MR-C type weapon. I think that would put us way ahead of the curve.

All right, now everyone bash away at me.

Otis Treekiller
March 13, 2008, 17:56
...there will be no SCAR H.

:sad:

C2A1
March 14, 2008, 09:25
Yep, bummed me out too. They told me the spec ops guys got some but I think that was under the NAVSEA test. So I don't know if any more are on the way.
Talking with the test team was interesting. We had all night and several brandys. They loved the FAL and talked the pros and cons of the metric vs L1A1. Really liked the CAL and said economics brought the FNC about which was to late but a realible 223 weapon, with the firing pin fix. FS2000 was an "engineers" rifle which is not up to the realibility of the FNC. Ejection port freezes in cold wet weather. Talked about the 5.7 and why it was designed the way it was (brutal combat facts, that should only be discussed in impolite company over a beer.)
These guys were hard core firearms and spec op guys who have been there and done that. Very interesting evening to say the least.

USMC 0341
March 14, 2008, 09:57
Oh well. Another one bites the dust. Seemed to be too good to be true.

I guess that the "H" stands for "history" - as in past tense, not to be seen again.

ballistic308
March 19, 2008, 18:54
Originally posted by C2A1
I have had a dinner with the test team from FN and talked to them at the SHOT show and there will be no SCAR H. I have the NAVSEA briefings with all the data and it would be a cool rifle. I didn't ask if that was none at all or just no civilian sales. At the SHOT show they said they did not want the SCAR-H to compete with the FNH sniper rifle. The civilian SCAR in 223 may be out by Jan 2009.
Given FNs performence in the past, I'd be real surprised if any SCARs get out the door before the next ban.
Our only hope is from Magpul( or maybe Robinson) for a new 7.62 NATO rifle that we as cilvians can actually own.
Just passing along what I heard.

I dont want to come off as an ass, buuuuuuuuttttttt, WTF..?

I just find that hard to believe.

Or maybe I'm just in denial that none wants to make a newly designed .308 battle rifle....:cry:

Tak
March 21, 2008, 21:51
They still have it up on their website...

FNH-USA site (http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF045&gid=FNG007&mid=FNM0109)

???

raexcct2
March 23, 2008, 19:23
If FN thinks that we will buy the FNAR rifle which looks like a modified BAR hunting rifle over a SCAR-H, they are smoking crack.

Link to FNAR at FNH USA web pge.
http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF049&gid=FNG022&mid=FNM0137

Whoever is doing their market research did FNH USA an injustice. My .02FNAR RIFLE (http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid:FNF049&gid+FNG022&mid+FNM0137)

Tak
March 24, 2008, 18:35
Yeah I agree. What an ugly rifle. Might as well of given it a plastic thumbhole stock to make even uglier.

JPB
March 25, 2008, 18:41
Those two rifles are clearly not in competition with each other. From a business standpoint, the SCAR-H will also appeal to a broader crowd and be a better money maker.

newfalguy101
March 25, 2008, 19:43
Originally posted by B.A.R Boy
Wow, I though the Scar-H was allready being used by some spc-ops. Guess not.

I like the SCAR type (XM-8, what ever) weapon systems but in reality they don't fix to much. In my opinion its a souped up ploy AR. With some bells on it.

When the militery gets its new rifle I would like to see more of a G-11, MR-C type weapon. I think that would put us way ahead of the curve.

All right, now everyone bash away at me.

bash bash bash

Actually I agree with you, in fact I will go so far as to say the military would be foolish to change any weapons platform until there is something really actually NEW and advanced to change to.

raexcct2
March 27, 2008, 22:30
That's right. We need to wait for some high speed, space gun with caseless ammo and/or with an airburst grenade launcher while our soldiers still fight with their crappy M-4's that keep jamming.

Sorry, but I can't agree with you at all. We need a fix for the crappy M-4/M16 now; not ten, twenty, thirty years from now.

I want my son to have a weapon that is dependable and will put down these crazy terrorists without having to expend a whole mag to kill them them.