View Full Version : Does anyone have some good pictures of the markings on an F.M.A.P. rec

March 02, 2008, 11:04
I am looking for some good pics of markings of an Argentine FMAP receiver.

I'll delete the thread afterward. Because of this I have made a copy of this thread here for the Reference and Data Section, then locked THIS copy of the thread, to keep it for posterity. I esteem these pictures as valuable reference material. The original thread is still open and Firestarter can do with it as he pleases. --Radio 3/04/08

Thread unlocked as I'm no longer worried about the original poster deleting it. --Radio 3/23/08

Please W.E.G. let me keep this here for a couple of days.

the gman
March 02, 2008, 12:43

Any more, just post.:bigangel:

jim west
March 02, 2008, 16:02
The above picture is what was on mine. The import mark was in the magazine well. I dont remember any other markings on the receiver.

March 02, 2008, 16:23
mine did nto even have that much on it. pretty plain

March 02, 2008, 16:29

And finally, the totally Bizzaro type-IIIB receiver

March 04, 2008, 20:00
Hey Guys thanks for the great pics!

Now I have a couple of probably dumb questions. However since I am asking advice before doing something potentially "stoopid" then it balances out! :rofl:

I have a very nice Argentine receiver. It is from an early CAI Sporter. As a matter of fact the only markings on it are CAI Sporter and the serial number which is 002X.

I would like to do a nice Argentine FMAP replica. I wanted to leave the CAI Sporter and the serial number where it currently is. However after looking at the pics if I wanted to do this right I would need to have the current markings welded, smoothed and the serial number stamped on the opposite side.

Here is probably the most important question. Can one weld and smooth a serial number and then restamp it somewhere else? Would this be illegal? I would not be changing the serial number but would be defacing the original one.

Could welding screw up my receiver? It is heat treated being Argy but what could be suggested?

I would of course somewhere on the receiver have it marked as a replica.

I could stamp the other side pretty easily but the right side pics has the CAI Sporter and serial smack in the way.

Or would I be better off just duplicating the markings on the left side and leaving what is on it where it is?

March 04, 2008, 22:40
Moving the S/N is not an option- not legal. IIRC, GP had a nice thread (not sure if he started it) on this topic a couple years ago.

March 04, 2008, 22:42
Those more knowledgeable than I have posted here over and over that it is not legal to move the serial number. Sucks don't it:redface:

March 04, 2008, 23:19
Well that answers the most important question.

Sigh.. I guess that at least I can do the left side Argy markings at least. I suppose that it is ok to at least duplicate the serial again as long as the original is not defaced.

In other words leave the original where it is and also stamp it on the left should be ok. Correct?

Thanks guys...this kind of info is what makes you gents the very best! :bow:

I would however have plenty of room on the right side to add the markings shown in the last pic. (The Bizarro or whatever) if I had something clearer for someone to get some data from to engrave with.

March 04, 2008, 23:28
Probably should mention that all of the pics here are of type-III Argentine rifles. They certianly had type-I and type-II also. Check out Black Steven's book for some decent pics and info on the Argentine and FMAP FAL's.

March 04, 2008, 23:33
Here are some pics that were sent to me from a member here on the files. I will let him chime in on these. Thanks EX1

March 04, 2008, 23:37

March 05, 2008, 16:10
Here are more Argentine receiver pics. Mods you can move these to the reference section . Thanks EX1

March 05, 2008, 16:14

March 05, 2008, 16:17
Here is a early Argentine rifle in all plastic .

March 05, 2008, 16:21

March 05, 2008, 16:28
One more

March 05, 2008, 18:03
A Type 3 and two type 1 Argy receivers

April 06, 2009, 13:05
ok, I'll add a few for the record. An all-matching numbers Armscorp version. Similar to earlier except for the paint filling. Seems like there are two general types, one the "plain" style like this one and the other with a crest on the right side. And yes, I know it's a year since the last post.

And the Royal Argentine Heiroglyphic Mark

Keywords: Argentine Armscorp FMAP Rosario F.M.A.P. DM LSR L.S.R.