PDA

View Full Version : Help with numbers!?

MCASgt New River
February 25, 2008, 23:34
OK, I picked up a safe queen at the Wilmington, NC Gun Show this weekend and have a few questions.

As far as numbers stamped on the weapon I know the Upper Receiver is considered the serialized portion of the weapon but what about other numbers?

Could anyone explain #1 - 4 so I can have is all sorted out.

#1 is on the Ejection Port Side.
#2 is on the Safety Selector side.
#3 is on Bolt Assy side and bottom.
#4 is on the Gas Block.

(PICTURE IS NOT OF MY WEAPON)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/BADAZZ4USMC/FNFALQUESTION.jpg

FTW2012
February 26, 2008, 00:00
Welcome to the files!

What you have there is a mismatched parts kit

WEAPON, WEAPON, WEAPON, WEAPON, WEAPON, is anti gunner speak,
Please refer to it as a RIFLE, it is a RIFLE

You will need 7 US made parts to exchange for original parts to build a legal rifle
(922R compliance)
Easy ones to use are H/T/S (3), Stock set (3) , gas piston (1) or muzzle brake (1)
Parts can be found in the Marketplace or from Vendors here
Everyone will be happy to provide you info on what to get or who to get it from

Post in the "Groups" area to find people close to your area who can help you with tools, fixtures, jigs and such
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=118

Good luck!

MCASgt New River
February 26, 2008, 00:19
I know its a CAI (MADE IN CANADA) import as it's stamped on the underneath side of the barrel, so it almost has to be 922r compliant doesn't it?

Anyone in Jacksonville, NC??:beer:

FTW2012
February 26, 2008, 02:38
are any of the parts stamped "USA" anywhere on them?

here is info on 922R, the law itself makes little sence, but it is the law and the difference between roaming free with your rifle and sitting in a cell with Jamal & Bubba if found with a non compliant home build

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1315572&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

May your brain not be turned to mush!

Here is where you want to call out to the NC guys ........
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=99

MCASgt New River
February 26, 2008, 06:40
Thank's FTW! I'm knowledgeable in 922r, I have 2 fully converted Saiga's and I'm in the process of doing the same to my "thumb-hole" Norinco MAK-90.

I'll check out all the internals, but if CAI imported it shouldn't it already be complaint?

1811GNR
February 26, 2008, 12:02
The "Made In Canada" CAI's were brought in with thumbhole stocks and bare muzzles, prior to 922r but after executive order import ban. Therefore no US parts required.

Survey Punk
February 26, 2008, 12:41
MCASgt New River is obviously a Marine. Might be a rifle to most but to him it's a weapon. Has something to do with his up-bringing.
Antis don't like it, they can pound sand!
Sounds like most of those parts are British. I'm not hip to the code though. Letters are arsenals, numbers are part #.
If you want to wring it out bring ammo and beer. I'm North of you, East of Chocowinity.

JB

MCASgt New River
February 26, 2008, 14:33
Survey Punk your dead on the money been Active Duty Marine Corps since 2000 - Present....only 12 more years to go.

This weapon :wink: is already in the pistol grip configuration with a muzzle brake set screwed on. Is it safe to assume the C1988 is the year of manufacture? What else would be of special concern or of note worthy value to look for?

Good marks or bad I'm looking for some FAL knowledge.....thanks to all that help.

1811GNR
February 27, 2008, 08:59
C1988 may be the serial number. Describe markings on receiver, including location.

MCASgt New River
February 27, 2008, 09:02
the picture above has all the general markings that are on both upper and lower.

Thanks!!

(Check PM)

Hot Diggity
February 27, 2008, 14:32
Howdy Sergeant,

I work in J-actionville, and would be happy to help with your parts search.

AFAIK it don't make a bit of difference when the parts were imported, nor where they came from, as far as 922r is concerned. It's gotto have seven (7) US parts when you build it into a rifle. My advice is not to mess around and try to second guess the BATFE. Be damn sure your parts are clearly marked Made in USA.

In the unlikely event that you ever have to prove your innocence to a jury, it's comforting to know that you won't have to explain that the little 'c' on the hammer means it was made by Century.

I like the "only 12 years to go" attitude. It seemed soooo easy when I was at that point. By 10 years I was one of those "it's all down hill from here" guys.

Drop me a PM, or maybe I'll spot that stock out at the range. Not many FAL shooters lately.

HD
USMC (Retired)

MCASgt New River
February 27, 2008, 20:54
1811GNR & Hot Diggity,

Check PM please.

johnny.308
February 28, 2008, 15:19
Hot diggity is correct. Once the butt hole stock was removed is ceased to be a "Sporter" and became a rifle (weapon) therefor, you must bring it into compliance. Being an inch pattern rather than a metric you may have a problem with compiance parts, but I am sure the folks here can probably help out.

1811GNR
February 29, 2008, 00:31
UE marked lower is British made by Enfield. Check out the "Eureka" thread that is sticky'd above yours here. Guessing the UB marked bolt carrier is BSA.

Mostly British parts on a metric receiver, either Imbel (Brazil) or FMAP (Argentina).