PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get a SVT bayo from SPG before they sold out?

ThunderGod
February 18, 2008, 17:37
$134.97 at the Guide Club price.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=414703

Mine came today, and it's in better shape than the one pictured.:biggrin:

My SVT40 is now complete! Well, except for the original mag pouches.

lew
February 18, 2008, 18:12
Ain't no way in heck I'm paying that much for a repro. Their ad's a piece of work, too.:rofl:

ThunderGod
February 18, 2008, 22:32
New? No.
Repro? No.
Re-arsenalled? Yes.

CactusCapt
February 18, 2008, 23:30
When I was working in Russia in the early '90s I made many inquiries into what was being held in storage, weapons-wise. You wouldn't believe how much stuff is in storage over there--nothing was ever thrown away. The problem is that you needed to buy stuff in extremely large quantities. If the right company buys the right warehouse, I can only imagine that we will one day see a very large influx of SVT bayonets and other goodies, perhaps including unmolested, mint condition (unlike the RC K98s) K98s, G43s, etc. BTW, I bought an original SVT bayo at a flea market in Moscow in 1993 for $5. There were many available...

ThunderGod
February 18, 2008, 23:59
I can believe that. When they imported all those SVTs in the early-mid 90s, they neglected to bring in bayos or large quantities of spare mags. This was a perfect addition to my re-arsenalled rifle at what I consider a great here-and-now price.

lew
February 19, 2008, 10:18
Originally posted by ThunderGod
New? No.
Repro? No.
Re-arsenalled? Yes.

Sweet. I heard elsewhere they were repros. I'll keep me trap shut. :D

Now I just need and SVT to go with it.

ThunderGod
February 19, 2008, 11:28
Well, from a close examination, this would have to have been a very time-consuming repro. The scabbard has dents and dings and a small patch of pin-prick pitting that has been cleaned and refinished-over. The stamps on the bayo hilt are "washed-out" by refinishing. So, if these are repros, somebody made them, stamped them, weathered them, then "re-arsenealled" them, just to make a few extra bucks. Nah, too much trouble when they were prolly bought for $5 each in Russia.:rofl:

icwells
February 19, 2008, 22:05
Originally posted by lew

Sweet. I heard elsewhere they were repros. I'll keep me trap shut. :D

Now I just need and SVT to go with it.

Too bad the one in the safe is mine! :shades:

By the by, my SVT came with its bayonet, also in better condition than the one pictured. It makes the gun all the more fun. :wink: