PDA

View Full Version : Interchangeability: Metric/Inch- what lower (TMH) parts don't?

cheif61
August 03, 2001, 23:03
Between metric(Stg) and sae(R1) what parts in the lower won't interchange. I'm trying to figure cheapest way for spare parts kit for a STG that has L1A1 barrel and sights. Thank You

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: EMDII ]

Mosin Guy
August 04, 2001, 06:06
As far as I know there both Metric Stg and R1 parts should interchange between each other,but Inch(L1A1,C1) and Metric(Stg,R1,Imbel)are metric.HTH

OSA
August 05, 2001, 22:57
I have a L1A1 on an Imbel receiver, assembled by Century Arms. I beleive it is an inch kit on a metric receiver. I want to buy a parts kit for a spare parts supply.

I assume that I should buy a L1A1 inch parts kit?? Who has the best deal on these at this time? I don't mind paying extra for better quality (better condition) parts.

OSA

EMDII
August 07, 2001, 13:44
The StG and R1 are BOTH Metric. All parts interchange fully on the TMH.

There is NO SAE designator. Inch, Metric, and Israeli are the MOST COMMON types found. Most small parts interchange.

We have another thread on Differences here in the FAQ.

BUFF
August 07, 2001, 14:23
osa:

If you have the folding cocking handle and open ears on the front sight assembly, you probably need an inch pattern kit for spares. In the metric/IMBEL/Frankenfal world, anything is possible.

OSA
August 07, 2001, 19:23
BUFF,
Thank you for the information. Yes I have the folding charging handle.

OSA