PDA

View Full Version : Legal: US floorplate/followers

US Marine1833
June 21, 2001, 19:17
If I have a Entreprise Gov't STG58C,
can I just change the hand guards to be able use non-US Magazines??

Wadman
June 21, 2001, 19:28
How many US parts does an Entreprise have? US made handguards count as 1 item towards your parts count. Is the pistol grip US made? That might be cheaper.

ricochet
June 21, 2001, 19:35
Guys,
My Entreprise Gov't model has US hammer, sear, gas piston, and pistol grip (along with US muzzle device). This requires use of the US floorplate and follower magazines or an additional 2 US parts to use any magazine. This is what I was told anyways...
HTH
John
OOPS- I made a mistake here, my memory is not what it used to be. I looked back on my email from Lawrence stating what is correct and listed his US part count below. Sorry if this caused any problems
:eek:

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: ricochet ]

EMDII
June 21, 2001, 19:56
Originally posted by ricochet:
<STRONG>Guys,
My Entreprise Gov't model has US hammer, sear, gas piston, and pistol grip (along with US muzzle device). This requires use of the US floorplate and follower magazines or an additional 2 US parts to use any magazine. This is what I was told anyways...
HTH
John</STRONG>

Get a Penguin buttstock and a DSA HG set. Stick a fork in it, you're done.

Now, use any magazine you choose.

BUFF
June 21, 2001, 20:40
Is your rifle built on an Entreprise upper receiver?

1- Receiver
2- Muzzle thingy
3- Hammer
4- Sear
5- Gas piston
6- Pistol grip

You likely need only one more U.S. part. Choose a buttstock, a cocking handle, a trigger or a handguard set, whichever you feel like swapping out.

ricochet
June 21, 2001, 20:50
Buff is correct. I made a mistake on the US parts list, the US parts are:
Reciever
Hammer
Sear
Gas Piston
Muzzle Break
Magazine Follower
Magazine Floorplate
If you replace 2 more evil foreign parts any magazine could be used. EMDII's advice would cover you (I went with a Penguin stock and a US pistol grip),I've been working too many graveyard shifts, sorry for the mis-information.
You could use another US forearm or charging handle or US lower, or... :rolleyes:

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: ricochet ]

F4GIB
June 27, 2001, 11:39
Try the U.S. made ERGO pistol grip in the "G3" style. It's more vertical than the standard FAL grip. Most people who try it but it.

mark
June 28, 2001, 08:25
6 US Parts.......w/o muzzle thing

or
7 US Parts.......including the US muzzle thing

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: mark ]

armedpeasant
June 28, 2001, 09:22
I have an Entreprise standard model, so I'm going through the same thought process as you, marine. You'll need to add two U.S. parts to the rifle, itself, in order to use magazines with no U.S. parts. I haven't decided how I'll alter mine, but I'm thinking about adding an FSE pistol grip and synthetic (CIA?) handguards from Tapco. For under $35 (without shipping), it would be a cheap way to make the rifle legal with imported mags. One member of the board has said that the handguards work well, and people seem to be satisfied with FSE's products around here.

My $.02

Ronin45
June 28, 2001, 23:42
Hey USMarine1833,

You didn't happen to drive a LVT P-7 did you?
:D

I have a passing familiarity with those myself.. :p