PDA

View Full Version : Ident/Lowers: TMH (Trigger Mechanism Housing)- Israeli vs. Metric

kev
July 25, 2000, 21:08
Had someone ask me today whether one of my wood humpback stocks could be fitted to an Izzy lower. I've never messed with the Israeli guns so couldn't say. How much difference is there, if any?

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: gary.jeter ]

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: EMDII ]

Noname
July 25, 2000, 22:43
Stock & grip interchange. The only unique part is selector- although I like to keep all the fire control parts Israeli- everything interchanges.

Byron
July 26, 2000, 07:32
While the buttstock is interchangeable, mine was super tight over the recoil spring tube. I doubt I could even have pounded it on. Note that the stock had been subjected to a couple of soak/dry cyles to strip the original poly finish, so perhaps the wood swelled a bit. Anyhow, I taped some rough sandpaper to the head of my imported gas piston, chucked it up in a drill, and reamed it open a bit. Worked great. Kind of an undignified use for the old piston, but it still appears to be straight.

Byron

W.E.G.
August 01, 2001, 19:28
moved to FAQ

Sgt Rock
August 01, 2001, 20:45
I have a penguin buttstock on my Izzy heavy and it went on with no problems. I believe any metric buttstock will fit.