PDA

View Full Version : MAK-90 Underfolder ... ?

jugrunner
December 23, 2007, 15:10
I thought I was pretty well up on AKs but I've missed a few things here and there ...

I just got a MAK in a trade ... underfolder ... I didn't pay much attention during the trade but upon closer inspection it appears to be "Factory" ... ???????

I've heard that some came in with the underfolder attached and locked in the folded position with a Butthole stock stuck on 'em ... some that had the holes cut and underfolder rear trunnion attached with a Butthole attached ...

anyone have info or even maybe own one of these ?

K.O.A.M.
December 24, 2007, 20:15
I know some had the receiver drilled for underfolders with a thumbhole attached.

mhg
December 24, 2007, 21:49
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.
I know some had the receiver drilled for underfolders with a thumbhole attached.

I have seen a few of these. They also have the evil 3rd pin hole filled with a rivet/2nd center support.

Matt

G-TOWN BILL
December 25, 2007, 08:39
I also have one. It has a rivet and oblong washers through the main pivot hole. I'm getting ready to make a posting myself and these MAK90's. I bought this one and and regular MAK90 and a Norinko milled receiver MAK90 back when I was told they would be a good investment. Well I'm ready to get rid of the butthole stocks. I did pick up the Chineese underfolder assembly at a show a few years ago, but now I need to know what exactly I have to do to make these legal without that butthole stock. I'll get my post up now.

jugrunner
December 25, 2007, 08:53
Sounds good G-TOWN BILL ... Mine does not have a "Third" hole thank goodness ... I'll post some pix later ... I believe these are going to be "Sweet"

I "unbanned" a regular MAK a couple yrs back (I should say Glen Riddle did) and it cost some bucks ... Glen didn't charge what he shoulda' (Helluva Guy !!) or it would have been tough to swallow ... I think it was worth it ... The Chinese are among the best built AK's IMHO ... Built to Russian specs and almost on par with the early Russian weapons ...

BTW: Merry Christmas guys !!