PDA

View Full Version : Good AK 'Smith recommendation

Ssarge
November 16, 2007, 15:25
I have an Bulgy Arsenal 105R, the AK74 that comes with the neutered non-muzzle brake. I got it for cheap because the previous owner had tried to take the sight assy/mb off to put a proper muzzle brake on and buggered the sight assy and didn't get it off. Nothing is wrong with the barrel, but he lost the two pin's that hold the assy, and the Bulgy muzzle brake on.
Do any of you know of a good 'Smith that can fix this for me? I have a correct Bulgy muzzle brake, but no pins, can't find them anywhere for sale. I also don't have a ton of money for the project, so someone that does it right and inexpensive would be what I'm looking for! :tongue:

indy_Muaddib
November 16, 2007, 16:21
time to DIY

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16604&cat=0&page=1

$1.69 per pin

heat the block then walk it off, install the new one the same way.

Ssarge
November 16, 2007, 16:26
Many thanks, they didn't have them last time I checked and were un-cooperative about getting any.
Your's is also the first advice I have had about how the damn front sight assy. come's off. Many thanks!

shortround
November 16, 2007, 21:55
The pins are 3mm x 12mm I believe. Shoot me an email with your addy and I'll drop some in the mail for you.

If you want someone else to do the job for you try Ken at:

www.globalmilitarygunsmithing.com

Good people with an excellent reputation.

ftierson
November 16, 2007, 22:27
If you have a hydraulic press, just press the old FSB off and press a new one on.

From my experience, you'll probably find that the fit is more than tight enough to avoid using the FSB pins if you so desire...

Forrest

Ssarge
November 16, 2007, 23:15
I don't have a press, I think I'll try Shortround's recommendation. I have already ordered some pin's from K-Var, but many thanks for the advice and offer of pin's. I have had this thing sitting here for about a year like this and couldn't find the pins. Of course, I didn't ask here....:cry:

mhg
November 17, 2007, 00:31
Hey Ssarg I'd be happy to help if I can

If you are replacing the sight/brake with a new one or one that is new to that barrel you may need to oversize the pins.

Matt

Ssarge
November 17, 2007, 02:31
Matt, it's basically a brand new AK. The previous owner tried to take this unit:
http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16789&cat=0&page=10
off by cutting and grinding with a dremel but didn't get it.
I have the proper replacement sight assy and muzzle brake. I now have the pins on order from K-Var as well.
I don't have the equipment or the epertise to do anything except make matters worse, and this is too nice a rifle for that to happen. I just need to get the old sight assy off, the new one on and of course properly aligned. I can re-finish the rifle then. That's what I'm looking at in a nut shell.
Matt if you can help, or point me to the right person I would be grateful.
Randy

mhg
November 17, 2007, 22:55
Hey Ssarge

If ya wanna snd it to me i'll sort it out.

Matt

fry
November 19, 2007, 21:51
ssarge,
you 2 need to kiss and make up anyway. actually he is a fair to middlen gun smith.