PDA

View Full Version : Vector Arms of Utah--any opinions??

Heat
November 11, 2007, 20:30
I was turned on to Vector arms after seeing one of their H&K 91 clones---semed like nices quality--any one know their rep and how their AK's stack up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somethings wrong with the world when the best rapper is white,the best golfer is black,the french think that the U.S. is arrogant, and the germans don't want to go to war.

artinker
November 12, 2007, 13:28
I seen their AK's and UZI's and they are well made with good fit and finish. They are also very good people to deal with. Everyone I know that has one likes it with no issues. They usually have long back order lists for new items. I have not seen any HK clones, but I am sure they are very nice rifles.:)

xtremerange
November 12, 2007, 14:01
If anyone can chime in about the 93 clones, I would love to hear about them too.

larphred
November 12, 2007, 16:14
I live in Utah and, although never owning a Vector Arms weapon, have gotten a very positive impression from dozens of people I've shot with. I've never heard anything negative. A friend of mine who works in a gun store and really knows his stuff recently bought a Krink kit and insists that Vector assemble it. Very good local reputation.

Heat
November 12, 2007, 21:05
Originally posted by xtremerange
If anyone can chime in about the 93 clones, I would love to hear about them too.
Actrually, it was a 93 clone I saw--the owner said that he had zero prob's with it---and it comes with a 5 yr warranty--spoke to someone else today and he says that they are highly sought after--they make some nice looking AK's too

guffster
November 12, 2007, 22:02
No complaints with my Vector polish underfolder AK. When I did the transfer & picked it up at my dealer he said it had the best fit & finish of any AK he'd ever seen & I would have to agree.

LVMPDawg
November 12, 2007, 23:35
My Vector Polish underfolder is by far the best looking AK I've owned. It is typical AK in reliability too.

Heat
November 13, 2007, 00:26
Originally posted by LVMPDawg
My Vector Polish underfolder is by far the best looking AK I've owned. It is typical AK in reliability too.
Yeah, I think I may look into those--I keep hearing good things..glad to see Americans are stepping up and building more and more of these rifles--with DSA doing FAL's and Vector doing stuff we can have a steady supply of quality gear--now we need to get somebody to make cheap, quality ammothat competes with surplus and russian stuff and we dont have to worry about import hangups with customs--anyone out there listening???

nearnuf
November 15, 2007, 20:24
I really like my V-93. It is a fun rifle to shoot. I am pretty impressed with both the functionality and the construction. It was built with a mixture of both surplus and new parts. The fit and finish of these parts is outstanding. Functionally, I have had zero issues. One of the features that I like on the V-93 vs. the HK-93 is the V-93 has a paddle magazine release... it makes mag changes much easier and one handed... much more like a FAL.

nearnuf

hockeysew
November 18, 2007, 12:53
After looking at a bunch of different manufacture AK's the only problem I saw with the Vectors was the ones I saw are mis-matched part sets. Decent builds but some of the bolts that I looked at looked like they were done on a bench grinder. All Bulgarian parts which are some of the best quality. I would say if you can find one with matching parts snag it
Otherwise spend the glue for an Arsenal or build one.

Pluskat
November 21, 2007, 00:34
I got me one. Vector and Lancaster have good rep's from what I've read. I've put LOTS of bullets through it and it was happy. I put rain through it and it was happy. I put some mud, moss, fern leaves and pine needles through it and it was happy.

Keep in mind we're only talking about an AK. No offense meant, but all those who are hung up on fit and finish, smooth rather than tool marks, just aren't talking about the right rifles. Browning makes some awesome Safari-Grade rifles that shine like diamonds....but you won't want to drag one through the woods or blackberries.

You want a PRETTY gun, get something other than an AK!

You want something to bet your survival on.....for me at least, my Vector has earned my trust.

shortround
November 21, 2007, 01:01
I have a Vector V93 and an RPD. Never had a problem with them.

Confed Pirate
November 21, 2007, 21:58
Originally posted by shortround
I have a Vector V93 and an RPD. Never had a problem with them.

I'm waiting for a indiviual, he making a rpd rec. Vector is hording them and will not just sell it anyone so Vector to me is worthless buy one from Blackwell

GOVTMOD
November 24, 2007, 19:08
Used to work there on the HKs. I would recomend the the AKs, Uzis, RPDs and the rifle caliber HKs. Stay away from the pistol caliber HKs, they have alot of Special Weapons components and he was cheat that drew them into buying that crap.

thomjb
December 15, 2007, 08:40
I have had a 51 for some years from Vector, with no issues.

thom