PDA

View Full Version : strange question

torquemada055
October 12, 2007, 20:01
If you have aRomy G kit, can you use any type of non yugo bulged receiver to build it.
I want an inexspensive kit, but with an underfolder stock.

Is this possible or just not doable because of differences in the kit and underfolder assembly?

Or am I just a bit cracked?:?

radkoch
October 13, 2007, 22:12
You'll have to look and se if your front trunnion rivet holes line up. If they do hey why not a receiver is a receiver if it is 7.62

torquemada055
October 14, 2007, 02:10
http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

Model NDS-1P with plate "Premium" Polish or Hungarian AKMS underfolder receiver. This variant has the pistol grip reinforcement plate installed. caliber 7.62x39.

Let me try this question this way, If I have a Romy kit and the above receiver with the correct rear trunnion, could I build a mutt?

I guess I am curious as to if the front trunnions are the same/interchangeable.

It's going to be flat black anyway so I don't have to worry about the finish.
It's not like it's a FAL or a poodle shooter.........:biggrin:

XHardrock
October 14, 2007, 05:06
Yes, if you are planning to use the Polish or Hungarian underfolder with the Romy kit.
Yes the front trunnions are the same dimension (1.25" oto) and you will have to locate and drill for the rivets, the fronts are left blank.
Which underfolder do you have?

POTI
October 14, 2007, 10:13
You could get a Romy 63 underfolder reciever.. then find a romy Underfolder rear trunnion..

TnHawk-45
October 17, 2007, 14:00
I have to ask why are you using a 'bulged' receiver for a Romy G build? I ask as all the G's I have seen have a plain front trunion and not the bulged one. The only bulged front Romy trunion I have seen is for the RPK kits.

torquemada055
October 17, 2007, 18:13
Go back and look closer, the NDS-1p has the reinforcing place and is not a bulged trunnion receiver.

The reason for the questions is that I bought an American made rear trunnion a couple of years ago in a group buy over on Weaponeer .net along with the 5 piece compliance parts set and now am able to try to complete the build up of a kit if I can get the parts now, that I couldn't afford then.

XHardrock
October 17, 2007, 19:43
Not sure if there is a template for the folder you have but you could use the NDS1 or NDS2 and remove whats needed.

Vagabond
October 17, 2007, 22:42
Originally posted by radkoch
You'll have to look and se if your front trunnion rivet holes line up. If they do hey why not a receiver is a receiver if it is 7.62

It doesn't even matter if it's 7.62...you could build a 5.45 also, or probably anything for that matter...

:p