PDA

View Full Version : My New Evil Black Rifle!

moparman
October 01, 2001, 20:34
Well, it is a heavily Franken-ized combo of various parts of a couple kits and a rifle I bought and now it fits me and I like the look alot better. New barrel, Imbel receiver and cheapo (light)furniture.
The 42mm BSA RedDot came off my Ruger 22 pistol and it works great. The DSA mount is a bit overkill but it was already on the upper.
I'll be shooting it tomorrow!
BTW It weighs 9.5 pounds as you see it, with an empty mag and the DSA mount and RedDot on top.
Building that new lightweight is going to be fun!
http://www.ctcweb.net/~mramazin/EvilBlackFAL.jpg

Gaspipe
October 01, 2001, 22:55
Looks great. I have the *EXACT SAME* cheapo BSA red dot sight on an ARMS mount on an Imbel gun. Great minds think alike, eh?

How come you have carpet on your wall?? :D

idsubgun
October 02, 2001, 08:57
Hey moparman, looking good! Let us know how she shoots.

Wish, I had known you were shooting today, I would have driven up with some toys and we could have lit up the hillsides.

moparman
October 02, 2001, 11:04
Hey I won't be going out shooting until tomorrow or maybe the day after it looks like. If you are still serious, email me and we'll make a plan.

idsubgun
October 02, 2001, 11:10
Moparman,
I have to go back to work tomorrow. My schedule is Wed. - Sat.
You know, we are having a fun shoot at the end of the month, you should try to make it.
I'll get back to you with exact dates.
There will be a ton of full autos, this shoot is our full auto club's shoot, but everyone brings all sorts of guns, full, semi, even bolt guns.

Bill

moparman
October 02, 2001, 12:47
KOOL! I'll be there with ... well, it won't be bells :rolleyes: on.
Gotta get some ammo now :)

idsubgun
October 02, 2001, 13:11
We also have a PSS (pistol/shotgun/subgun) this next Sunday. But I wasn't planning on going, so I'm not sure which range it's at. I think it's the Parma Rod and Gun Club.
You don't need to enter all of them, so if you want to shoot pistol only, just enter that one.
This match is Oct. 7th. Our fun shoot is Oct. 28th, at the Black's Creek Range in Boise.
Here is a link to our web page:
Idaho Automatic Weapons Collectors Association (http://www.iawca.org/)