PDA

View Full Version : Help ID this powder

NHBandit
August 12, 2007, 09:44
Bought a bunch of powder from a friend who is a garage sale junkie and most of it is good stuff in the original cans. Got some coffee jars full of a flake type powder that has pink specks throughout and neither my buddy of the seller knew what it was. Normally I'd dump it but I got to wondering if the pink specks are unique to only one particular powder and if so what it might be. Thanks

TerryN
August 12, 2007, 09:53
It MIGHT be Red Dot. Then again it MIGHT not. I'd fertilize the roses with it, personally.

DJ
August 12, 2007, 09:59
Pink specks sounds like Red Dot.......

NHBandit
August 12, 2007, 10:04
Originally posted by TerryN
It MIGHT be Red Dot. Then again it MIGHT not. I'd fertilize the roses with it, personally. Thanks guys. I knew someone would have the answer and I agree about using it for fertilizer but I have quite a bit of it. Now that I have a possible ID what I may do is compare it closely to some known Red Dot and even carefully measure out some of each and compare burn time. Gives me an excuse to relive my childhood and play with matches.. :shades:

gunseller
August 12, 2007, 11:28
It sounds like Red Dot that has been in the light for a long time. I have shot 40 year old Red Dot and it worked fine and I would take more if I found it. What I shot was in its orginal gallon can. Even if it is Red Dot who is to say that there might not be other powder mixed in with it. Play with it but do not load with it. Be careful how you play with it as the powder could be called bomb making material. Don't tell anyone but we like you and do not want to loose you.
Steve

pumpkinheaver
August 13, 2007, 14:40
Play with it some then put it in the old ladys flower beds. You only get 2 eyes and 2 hands, no point in losing any to save a few bucks on powder.