PDA

View Full Version : FN Fal Imbel 308 kit FS . MAke offers


jacob2008
August 03, 2007, 00:35
remove

vmtz
August 03, 2007, 00:43
I'll give you a buck or two including shipping.

Vince

brownknees
August 03, 2007, 07:32
Is this kit for sale in Marketplace, or being auctioned here?
I see it's posted in both locations.

jacob2008
August 03, 2007, 10:39
Its wherever the highest offer is, thats where it is.

"Not sure what you want for the items you want to sell? Looking for Offers"

To me, that seems like its saying you can post it here and get offers, no where does it say I cant post it both places

W.E.G.
August 03, 2007, 13:20
Originally posted by jacob2008
Its wherever the highest offer is, thats where it is.

"Not sure what you want for the items you want to sell? Looking for Offers"

To me, that seems like its saying you can post it here and get offers, no where does it say I cant post it both places

The item will only be sold in this auction forum. :|

Marketplace thread is closed.

FTW2012
August 03, 2007, 13:22
Well then I will bid $4 as Vince has already bid $2
when does this auction end? In an hour?

AZ Dave
August 03, 2007, 13:23
Look, we're trying to be nice about this. We know you're new here but now you know.......YOU CANT POST IN BOTH PLACES!!! "Highest bidder" means it's an auction sooooo it needs to be posted in the auction section. Good luck and welcome to the files...

tracyballard
August 03, 2007, 13:34
I bid $100

FTW2012
August 03, 2007, 13:59
$100.01

gunshack
August 03, 2007, 14:10
$150

When does the auction end?

jacob2008
August 03, 2007, 15:03
Originally posted by gunshack
$150

When does the auction end?
when i get a decent offer :D

thanks

Powderfinger
August 03, 2007, 15:12
Welcome jacob2008.
Sorry to hear about your buddy.
Don't pay any attention to the hard cases around here.
Your profile shows you can earn a buck and know the value of a dollar.
If you want to invest in a GREAT rifle that will appreciate in value, an FAL is for you. I bet someone in your vicinity from this board would take over for your buddy in the "help building it" department. Your dad would have to transfer or buy FTF (providing that is legal in MO) a receiver before you turn 18. Check with your local (state) laws about firearm possession for someone your age also.
It looks like your commited to selling this kit now so give the bidders an end date, or your Internet persona will be drawn and quartered. :D
There will be other kits available if you remain interested. Good luck

tracyballard
August 03, 2007, 15:39
the rules say auctions are supposed to have a posted end date. You might want to take care of that or this thread might get locked too...

jacob2008
August 03, 2007, 17:33
Originally posted by tracyballard
the rules say auctions are supposed to have a posted end date. You might want to take care of that or this thread might get locked too...

september 30th. i can end early if i want

hows that

jacob2008
August 03, 2007, 17:35
Originally posted by Powderfinger
Welcome jacob2008.
Sorry to hear about your buddy.
Don't pay any attention to the hard cases around here.
Your profile shows you can earn a buck and know the value of a dollar.
If you want to invest in a GREAT rifle that will appreciate in value, an FAL is for you. I bet someone in your vicinity from this board would take over for your buddy in the "help building it" department. Your dad would have to transfer or buy FTF (providing that is legal in MO) a receiver before you turn 18. Check with your local (state) laws about firearm possession for someone your age also.
It looks like your commited to selling this kit now so give the bidders an end date, or your Internet persona will be drawn and quartered. :D
There will be other kits available if you remain interested. Good luck
:D :wink: Thanks. Yeah, I know what would have to happen, Thats what all these guys are saying " WELL YOUR NOT 18" duh? its gonna be my dads till im legal.

I dont know, I think Edgsmth (on this forum) and myself were pretty close kinda like brothers, dont think anyone will be able to replace him. But thanks.

Keep the offers comin guys

diana-ar15
August 03, 2007, 17:59
what part of MO?

jacob2008
August 03, 2007, 18:40
Originally posted by diana-ar15
what part of MO? I emailed or PM'd or something'd you. lol

jacob2008
August 03, 2007, 18:46
Dad said Atleast 200$ will be wanted - BIN is 250.


Will also take guns in trade / part trade. Just make offer - PM me or email.

JRSUDS
August 04, 2007, 09:26
You may want to consider posting the condition. Such as what the bore looks like (bright & shiney with crisp rifling or dark, frosted and/or pitted?) or preferably what the throat gauged out at and did the muzzle pass the "bullet" test. Overall external condition, percentage of external finish left, etc. Do all the numbers match? All these criteria are going to determine the value.

jacob2008
August 04, 2007, 09:37
Originally posted by JRSUDS
You may want to consider posting the condition. Such as what the bore looks like (bright & shiney with crisp rifling or dark, frosted and/or pitted?) or preferably what the throat gauged out at and did the muzzle pass the "bullet" test. Overall external condition, percentage of external finish left, etc. Do all the numbers match? All these criteria are going to determine the value.
Shiney, NO pits or rust, The bore looks good and the rifle looks good. I got it and the dude passed. Sorry i dont know everything about it, if you order one they just send one, so im doing the best i can.

Falcon
August 04, 2007, 10:02
I dont know, I think Edgsmth (on this forum) and myself were pretty close kinda like brothers, dont think anyone will be able to replace him.

I'm kind of confused by the wording of your posts, are you saying Edgsmith passed on?

brownknees
August 04, 2007, 10:51
I'm kind of confused by the wording of your posts, are you saying Edgsmith passed on?
Yes, Please explain this.
I'm beginning to smell stale cod here, please tell me I'm wrong, and that it's just a mis-understanding.

jacob2008
August 04, 2007, 13:07
Originally posted by brownknees

Yes, Please explain this.
I'm beginning to smell stale cod here, please tell me I'm wrong, and that it's just a mis-understanding.

Yes. Edgsmth passed. He sent me an AK47 kit and an FAL kit. I cannot afford the FAL kit. If you buy the kit - If you talk to my father he will explain it.

Blckhrn AKA Edgsmth AKA Jaime has passed.

Massive heart attack at 54 years old


This is what his son had emailed me.

"My father was returning to his work in Delmar, Ny on the thursday and stopped for food at a rest stop. A patron noticed a man slumped over and CPR was started. He was taken to a local hospital and they tried for an hour but he was gone. I had been target shooting with him on Sunday and he was complaining of arm and chest pains but did not think it was heart related. He thought he had burned his throat with an aspirin and that was causing the pain. The medical examiner said he had been having problems for couple of days."


i HAD the obit. but it has expired unless someone pays for it to stay longer.

FTW2012
August 04, 2007, 13:31
Well, thats a bummer
Seems like quite a few have cashed out this year?

R.I.P. :bigangel:

Falcon
August 04, 2007, 13:56
Sorry to hear that...even though I didn't agree with him at times, please send my condolences to his family.

FTW2012, yes, indeed there have been quite a few. A good friend of mine ,John Schrank of Schranks Smoke and Gun passed away a few months ago at the age of 56.


Rest in Peace
:bigangel:

jacob2008
August 04, 2007, 14:11
Originally posted by Falcon
Sorry to hear that...even though I didn't agree with him at times, please send my condolences to his family.

FTW2012, yes, indeed there have been quite a few. A good friend of mine ,John Schrank of Schranks Smoke and Gun passed away a few months ago at the age of 56.


Rest in Peace
:bigangel:



R.I.P for your friend and mine. :bigangel: :bigangel: :bigangel:

:fal: :aug:

brownknees
August 04, 2007, 17:05
I'm sorry to hear that.
I'm also glad you cleared up the misunderstanding.
It's hard to loose a mentor, especially when you're young enough to not have the experience of having done this previously.

I assume you're still in contact with the son, if I read your post correctly. Please offer him & his family my condolences.

It may not be immediately obvious to someone new to this site, but underneath the "Lively Discussions" we are a community here & we mourn collectively when one of us pases also.

Welcome to the site, and apologies for any rough ride at the beginning.
I wish you luck with your sale & hope you get to build & use the AK kit as time goes on.

Just a suggestion.
Being a part of the community now you might want to post the information on his passing from here under general non-firearms discussion. That way a lot more of the members will be able to pay the due last respects.
BK.

jacob2008
August 04, 2007, 17:08
Originally posted by brownknees
I'm sorry to hear that.
I'm also glad you cleared up the misunderstanding.
It's hard to loose a mentor, especially when you're young enough to not have the experience of having done this previously.

I assume you're still in contact with the son, if I read your post correctly. Please offer him & his family my condolences.

It may not be immediately obvious to someone new to this site, but underneath the "Lively Discussions" we are a community here & we mourn collectively when one of us pases also.

Welcome to the site, and apologies for any rough ride at the beginning.
I wish you luck with your sale & hope you get to build & use the AK kit as time goes on.

Just a suggestion.
Being a part of the community now you might want to post the information on his passing from here under general non-firearms discussion. That way a lot more of the members will be able to pay the due last respects.
BK.

AK Kit has been built. Its a blast! I will look for that place, and post.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

jacob2008
August 05, 2007, 15:03
Still taking bids- Make a BIN price if you dont like 250. Thats what I was told its worth, Someone messaged me and told me its a Dons grade 3.

tracyballard
August 05, 2007, 15:06
I don't need another kit right now, but you might get some takers at around $220 shipped, there's other members who would sell you a similar kit for about that much....anyhoo, looks like a nice Imbel kit.

Blaster
August 05, 2007, 21:21
Originally posted by Falcon
Sorry to hear that...even though I didn't agree with him at times, please send my condolences to his family.

FTW2012, yes, indeed there have been quite a few. A good friend of mine ,John Schrank of Schranks Smoke and Gun passed away a few months ago at the age of 56.


Rest in Peace
:bigangel:
I used to have some good gun dealings with a MIKE Schrank who had a gun/smoke shop up in one of the far Northern suburbs of Chicago. Is this John Schrank the same chap?? Years ago, Mike used to have a table at most of the Waukeegan gun shows that used to be held in the American Legion or one of the military type organizations right in Waukeegan.??

Falcon
August 06, 2007, 14:02
blaster,

Yes, it's the same shop you mention. Mike Schrank owned it along with his brother John. Mike passed away earlier this year on Jan. 31st, and was well liked as noted in this amendment to Illinois Senate Resolution SR0094 (http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=3&GA=95&DocTypeId=SR&DocNum=94&GAID=3&LegID=6466&SpecSess=&Session=)

Mike had complications with diabetes and because of this his health had declined to the point of going into semi-retirement. He was only at the shop about once a week when he felt well. After Mike passed away, his brother John ran things until he passed away after heart surgery. From what I'm told,it seemed he had a heart condition most his life and hadn't been feeling well lately. He went to the doctor and found that he had to have open heart surgery to correct things. The surgery was successful, but because the heart muscles had been damaged , it just couldn't keep up.

Here's a small write up from the local paper:

"We told you about the giant loss to local Ducks Unlimited clubs when Mike Schrank of Waukegan, of Schrank's Smoke N Gun died. Now, it's a double loss as his brother, John A. Schrank, 58, of Gurnee, passed away on Saturday, June 2, 2007, at Highland Park Hospital from complications following heart surgery.
They worked side by side for 35 years starting in 1971. John was a member of the Northbrook Gun Club, Board Member of Crimestoppers, Friends of the National Rifle Association and Ducks Unlimited and the Hancock Lake Association. He was an avid skeet shooter, fisherman and loved relaxing at his cabin in Harshaw, Wis., on Hancock Lake. John was a graduate of the University of Illinois, receiving his degree in Psychology.

The "Gone fishing" sign on the store now stands for both of the brothers. We hope this doesn't mean the end of the business."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/sports/abderholden/456367,5_2_WA05_OUTDOORS_S1.article

Mike's wife, Joan is running it now, for "how long" I don't know.

jacob2008
August 08, 2007, 10:55
still wanting bids

nwobhm
August 10, 2007, 17:32
$151

jacob2008
August 10, 2007, 17:33
Originally posted by nwobhm
$151

High is 180.00 shipped atm

EDIT:

Forget it. Auction closed. I know what my rifle is worth, and i wont let it go for less.

W.E.G.
August 10, 2007, 17:38
Originally posted by jacob2008
Forget it. Auction closed. I know what my rifle is worth, and i wont let it go for less.

I suggest that you post it for sale in the Marketplace forum at the amount you believe it to be worth. This auction forum does not see nearly the traffic that passes through Marketplace.

FTW2012
August 11, 2007, 03:28
Originally posted by jacob2008


High is 180.00 shipped atm

EDIT:

Forget it. Auction closed. I know what my rifle is worth, and i wont let it go for less.

It's NOT a rifle, it's a KIT & if you know so much built it up yourself

jacob2008
August 11, 2007, 12:26
Originally posted by FTW2012


It's NOT a rifle, it's a KIT & if you know so much built it up yourself

Plan on it, worth 600+ built.

Stuff I need to build I can either MAKE, or but, tops 200 bucks is what ive found so far. Someone is willing to let me borrow tools

tracyballard
August 11, 2007, 14:30
where do you plan to get a receiver for less than $500??? let me know because I need one too!




:? :confused:

jacob2008
August 11, 2007, 16:57
Originally posted by tracyballard
where do you plan to get a receiver for less than $500??? let me know because I need one too!




:? :confused:

I know people :] :] ;)

ThatFALGuy
August 13, 2007, 12:38
:rolleyes: Son, I think you should just take that kit and keep it yourself, especially if you think you can find a GOOD receiver for $200 or less.

It is a run of the mill Imbel kit that is going to sell for the run of the mill price. Nothing special.

You want to make some decent scratch? Hook a couple of guys up with a contact for a receiver with maybe a finders fee, MODERATE finders fee.

I need a coffee.:shades:

Thorgrimm_the_Vain
August 23, 2007, 18:10
To further hijack this abortion of a thread, is DSA still offering recievers to falfile members at 350$??

mtang45
August 25, 2007, 19:55
Originally posted by Thorgrimm_the_Vain
To further hijack this abortion of a thread, is DSA still offering recievers to falfile members at 350$??

Yes they are.....BUT it takes them FOREVER to ship. I ordered mine the first week of May with the promise it would ship in 6 to 10 weeks. I called at the end of July (12 weeks) to find out status, and was told end of August. I just called again this week and was told 8 to 10 weeks.

So...yes they are $350, but plan on waiting.

W.E.G.
September 03, 2007, 13:32
Originally posted by diana-ar15
is this the same kit you have listed in the auction area?



Originally posted by jacob2008

And asked to be removed, yep. people wanna try and play me, everyone ive messaged has backed out.

Thread closed. Auction ended.
see http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=2021576#post2021576