PDA

View Full Version : Thread size on a Yugo SKS??

Old Sarge
July 27, 2007, 22:33
Hi Guys
Anyone know what the size and pitch of a Yugo SKS barrel is? Would it by any chance be the same size as a Milled AK barrels thread?

Thanks
Old Sarge

chromestarhustler
July 28, 2007, 05:46
the flash hider? or the barrel itself that screws into the reciever.

the flash hider, they are nato spec the one off your fal will fit.

rick miller makes some awesome ones for them yugos i had one on mine. the barrel no clue, rebarreling a sks is a pain in the booty.

Old Sarge
July 28, 2007, 09:33
Hi chromestarhustler
Naw its the one on the receiver end of the barrel I need. I am looking at replacing a barrel on a burntout Yugo SKS.

Thanks though
Old Sarge

chromestarhustler
July 29, 2007, 14:41
you got a you fixem m59 didnt you? an early chinese threaded sks barrel can be made to work from sarco. expect to have to file the receiver face barrel and then good luck with the head space imho to much work for 70 dollar gun. personally i would have the barrel relined in 5.45 x 39 to shoot elcheapo surplus. or get the barrel timed and headspaced right knock the front sight gas block off redrill the gas port and reinstall the gasblock where it needs to be. alot of those yugos had very bad barrels on them.

chromestarhustler
July 29, 2007, 14:58
or you can buy sarcos missing parts chinese barreled receiver kit , basically almost a complete gun and use your m59 parts to complete it and sell off all the spare parts

Old Sarge
July 30, 2007, 09:05
I got two of the M59s a while back. But they shoot just fine as is. I just got a 59/66 that is a real dog. Rusted, pitted and a bore that is no longer there. I stripped it down for some parts and was trying to think of some thing to do with the receiver. I thought if a milled AK had the same breach thread. I might be albe to cobble some sort of franken gun out of it. I had thought to a 5.45 some thing also. But the bolt face might pose a prob. I can get a Chinese barrel from gun parts for a bout $20. But then I still have the ratty looking gas block and other parts. Have to see? Going to be a project that I get to play with for a while.

Old Sarge