PDA

View Full Version : Gas tube assembly problem

par0thead151
July 21, 2007, 17:11
ok, so i have my 2 FAL kits ready to go, except for the gas tube nut. it will not thread in. i took a closer look today and it appears that the thread on the gas tube nut is larger than the thread on the ID of the gas block...
maybe i got the wrong part with my kit? but i have 2 kits and both have the same gas tube nuts.
i am going to order new ones from DSA as i also need a new gas tube for one of my FAL's and i might as well get those SAW pistol grips. how do they compare to the standard FAL grips?
worth the extra money?
thanks

W.E.G.
July 21, 2007, 17:50
I'm confused from the way you wrote the question.

I think you have some of your terminology mixed-up.

Start here
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1275055#post1275055

Then take another stab at writing that question.

brownknees
July 21, 2007, 17:52
Maybe I'm mis-reading your post, but.
The gas tube nut goes into the front of the upper reciever, the gas tube itself screws into the internal thread in the gas block. The un-threaded end of the gas tube then goes into the inside of the gas tube nut.
Could you be trying to assemble it bass ackwards?
:wink:

blacklisted
July 21, 2007, 22:55
You've posted this question twice on ar15.com, and it was answered both times.

Perhaps this will be of some help:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/gastubenutrs.jpg

par0thead151
July 21, 2007, 23:22
indeed i did post it 2 times on ar15.com, and i just realized that as a prior poster had mentioned. i have the part backwards... DOOH (smacks forehead).
I had originally thought it was a bad part or too much molyresin.
i guess i should really not decide to start building my FAL at 1 am, unfortunately i can not claim alcohol was the culprit as i was sober
thanks for the help though, i dont know why i did not look at the manual for this step of the build...
time to go back and double check everything i guess.

par0thead151
July 21, 2007, 23:43
WEG, that is an amazing tutorial
I wish i had that when i put them together the first time. it just got printed so i have a hard coppy.

blacklisted
July 22, 2007, 00:01
I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out. Good luck!

Radio
July 22, 2007, 00:02
So, Jimmy Buffett sucks, right????

par0thead151
July 22, 2007, 00:05
his music is ideal for lounging in the sun, and water skiing.
his political views are very messed up though. and his last alpine valley concert was pretty lackluster.
he has tallent though.

Radio
July 22, 2007, 01:41
I recently ate a Cheeseburger In Paradise. Just an average burger, it was the setting that counted.

--Radio