PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Wood on IO L1A1 Kits or Entreprise furniture?

jjsmn
July 20, 2007, 20:08
Hello,

How is the quality of the wood on the IO L1A1 kits? Is there a significant difference between the VG and Excellant kits as far as the wood quality goes? Is the wood usable?

Does anyone have experience with the Surplus L1A1 wood furniture Entreprise is selling?

Thanks,

JJS

Truckinmike
July 20, 2007, 21:41
I will let you know, my very good parts kit was very awful. So I sent it back...TODAY. The handguard(cracked along gas tube and falling apart) and pistol grip were unusable(grip cracked in half from moisture wood??), the lower receiver was BADLY pitted from rust. This kit looked like it came from the Titanic., and then drug behind the budweiser horse team on a hot and steamy day. It was not a functioning rifle kit. The screw- hole that holds the trigger plunger in the grip was in part of the crack... it would not hold the wood screw. The cover plate for the trigger in winter was rusted so bad it had holes clean through it.

They told me they will send me an "excellent" part set in return....Hmm we'll see. I'll post the results.

Truckinmike, just taken life one gamble at a time...

Radio
July 22, 2007, 00:23
I/O is inconsistent. You could actually get a gem, or what you read above. Just be patient, and nice to them on the phone, and see what happens.

--Radio