but i dont know about the difference between
african , g1 , izzy , south america , isnt there something called r1
please let me know since im new to fals
im intend on using all metric parts

all info is appreciated

thanks

vmtz
July 19, 2007, 15:48
Most interchange. Be more specific about what you are looking for and we can help you out.

Vince

J. Armstrong
July 19, 2007, 15:55
Vince is right, we need more info to help.
FWIW, many inch parts do in fact interchange, many more will work if used as "assemblies". Let us know what you are looking to do and what you have, you'll end up with more info than you can use :biggrin:

ruarmed
July 19, 2007, 19:08
lets see i need a lower rec complete and all the small parts for the upper rec

gun parts guy had a deal a while back and said none of the inch small parts would work for me since i was going for a metric build .

so ive been looking in the marketplace and saw a south african lower for sale
i wanted to buy it but was unsure if it was going to fit

so i guess my whole question was what is considered metric an whats inch
for example whats a g1 ? metric or inch
whats a s. african ? m or i
and the rest of them makes out there

Deltaten
July 19, 2007, 19:15
figger anything internal inch won't work with any other type. All the other listed series are metric.
ya can bbl a metric rcvr with an inch bbl. YA can swap complete lowers back and forth.
Indian stuff's a hybrid unto itself, as are some Izzy parts.
Not many *real* inch rcvrs out there nowadays , so stick w/metric, in any of it's guises.
It's all good!;)
exceptions being inch r/s on metric shorties to get POA correction; or indian r/s for same on some ABC weps.

Paul

NHBandit
July 19, 2007, 19:40
I've got a nice STG stripped lower which has had the stock tang removed to use for a para build. It's metric, has been reparked, and would be perfect for a pistol build. $40 shipped if you want it. Pics available. Send me a PM if interested. To answer your original question.... G1, STG, Imbel, Rhodesian. South African, Belgian & Argentine are all metric. As others have said some Izzy parts are the same as regular metric and some are not. Indian is to be avoided at all costs and will just confuse you and cause you to drink heavily... :beer: