PDA

View Full Version : Izzy HB handguards

mountainman
July 18, 2007, 19:26
Anybody have any good experience using 2 spacers instead of one to make the handguards feel more solid. I even tried putting a strip of inner tube between the handguard halves on one occassion and also cardboard but to no avail. They don't feel like one solid piece. And that screw is pretty much torqued down. any ideas

George4
July 19, 2007, 18:04
This is probably not the info you are looking for, but.......I have a set of Izzy HB handguards on my light barrel rifle. I put both spacers in, things lock up tight.
But as you know I also had to adapt them to fit the rear ring. Good luck.

Gazz
July 19, 2007, 20:33
I made two for a G1 kit that I built using the Izzy light barrel handguards. They work just fine. Is it true that they were supposed to have only one?

Radio
July 20, 2007, 11:48
The LB is supposed to have two. The HB is supposed to have one. I've got both these spacers on both these Izzy versions, and have used them, but I've also often run them with NONE and had no problems. What kind of an iron grip are you putting on that thing? Also, your normal "approach" will be your left hand from the bottom, therefore the "crush" strength would be applied more towards the bottom. How are you squeezing on the upper edge of the handguard? Perhaps you have enormous hands? Try using an HB handguard, they're thicker, more hand-filling.

--Radio