PDA

View Full Version : ak bullpup conversion?

ACCURRETT
July 05, 2007, 13:06
Has anyone ever seen these before? Looks pretty interesting. wonder if it would work on my wasr3
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1094

bykerhd
July 05, 2007, 13:45
For the price, you could buy a Romanian kit and most of the rest of the parts for another AK.
Just my .02.

July 05, 2007, 18:01
my dealer/'smith has one sitting in his shop in many pieces as he tries to get it functioning realiably.

ACCURRETT
July 06, 2007, 09:54
i'm starting to think that is a typical thing with the bullpup conversion. I have seen two or three different ones for sale and it seams the same. oh well. it was a neat concept

vardman
July 06, 2007, 13:18
I have one one on a Chinese ak and the trigger is great. It has great handling characteristics and a friend of mine who has an AUG likes shooting mine better than his!!

Kyrottimus
July 06, 2007, 14:58
Bullpups are awkward enough if you ask me (swapping out mags seems of very poor ergonomics).

But using a bullpup configuration on a rifle that uses rock-in-lock mags seems even worse.

gypsiebm
July 06, 2007, 18:54
Any time you change something from what it was meant to be to a bull pup you are asking for problems. You would be better off buying something that started off as a bull pup. At one time you could buy sks and 10/22 bull pup conversion kits.

Azrial
July 07, 2007, 02:29
I have one built on a Polytech rifle. It has always had a problem with the trigger reseting. The problem is the ever present problem of Bullpups, drag in the trigger linkage. Also you are limited to using 30 round mags or drum mags, the 40 rounders will hit the pistol grip when you go to rock them in. It can be done, but not quickly.

That said, I like bullpups, and I like the concept. If I can get it to work reliably it will be a great little trunk rifle.

I going to take the Romi G kit I ordered and try again with it. I spoke to the Russian designer that works for Kvar and he said that the kit is designed to work best with the European AKs. I guess I will see soon.