PDA

View Full Version : FAL kit help

blackgrub0331
July 05, 2007, 12:10
I'm looking to pick up a FAL kit. I found two of them and wanted to ask your guys advice on what kit is the better deal or better made.

First one is a Brazilian Imbel Parts Kits from Enterprise Arms for $249. The next one Is a FAL kit from Sarco with a new G.I. Argentine barrel, pre-ban for $259

Any advice would help thanks.

AndyC
July 05, 2007, 13:24
Sarco & Entreprise :eek:

Rather look in the 'files Marketplace... (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11)

MAINER
July 05, 2007, 14:53
+1` to what Andy said.
Better deals on better kits from FAL File members.

Both these outfits are a crapshoot. If you're new to FALs, the days of kit building is on the skids IMO

Receivers are tough to acquire and expensive. DSA and the occasional pricey Imbel in the Market place is nearly the only game in town. DCI and Entreprise are trouble unless you like a challenge. Some work and some don't and neither are available in any numbers.

If I wanted a FAL now, I'd buy a completed rifle from a member in the Marketplace or order up a DSA

"That's all I got to say 'bout that"
F.G.

pryde
July 05, 2007, 15:13
The Entreprise kits are the same standard ones that Dan's, I/O, centerfire, Bocephus, etc. were all selling about a year ago. All the above companies got thier kits from the same importer.

I've looked through them before at their shop and they are pretty much standard grade 3 imbels, all with good barrels. $249 is about standard price for what you are getting. I would stay away from the overpriced refinished ones though.

The Sarco kits are mixmaster kits. I believe the lowers are south african, the bolt and carriers are imbel and the barrels are Argentine.
$259 ain't a bad price either considering that new argie barrels sell for $175 or more on the marketplace.

IMO the Sarco is a better deal because of the new barrel but if you are looking for a "correct" build with all parts in good mechanical condition, get the imbel.

Like Andy said, you can check the marketplace and sometimes find a good deal. If I were you I would jump on this one right here:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206709

That's $250 for the kit and $400 for the receiver. (Imbel receivers alone sell for $450+ nowadays.)

Fred-in-PA
July 05, 2007, 15:49
A BIG +1 on the above post. Check out this deal WTS: FAL kits and receivers. (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206709)
A complete kit and Imbel receiver for $650 !!!
That is the best deal I have seen yet.:fal:

blackgrub0331
July 06, 2007, 10:15
I'm going to try for that $650 one but have to see if the boss will let me get it. There are a few nice complete rifles for sale but they cost to much or they have the century receiver on them. I kind of want to make this rifle really personnel that why I want to build it myself.

AndyC
July 06, 2007, 12:33
And another apprentice takes his first faltering steps on the road to becoming a falaholic - good on yer, mate :beer:

robin
July 06, 2007, 13:22
I ORDERED A BARREL FROM SARCO IN APRIL AND STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYTHING, WAIT FOR BACKORDER OR GET A REFUND, (WASTE OF TIME)

Radio
July 06, 2007, 15:04
WHAT YOU SAY !!

ce
July 06, 2007, 15:19
Pardon me, Sir, could you spare a dollar for fella to get a few parts, I'm a little short since I got fired from my job for workin' an parts at work, I mean I was just polishin' some stuff, and the boss comes all unglued, and there weren't any customers or nuthin', and ever since then, I've kinda been on the skids, ya know, and if you could see clear ta help a feller out, I'll get better soon, I been talkin' to some of the folks at the Ashram, where we get meals for lunch, and they said that with some inner contemplation I can seek the answers to...

Thanks anyway, have a nice day, and God Bless.

CReid
July 06, 2007, 23:46
No problem here with my enterprise kit. Clean fairly bright barrel. Only real "negatives" were the finish but you have to expect that. And you cant beat the price.