PDA

View Full Version : 32 ACP load data needed

daschnoz
July 03, 2007, 11:47
I just bought a Beretta Tomcat. Time to get the rest of the reloading toys to accessorize.

My Lyman 47 & 48 manuals only have load data for 71gr pills. I would like to load some of the 60gr family of pills.

Unique is the only powder I currently have on the shelf that is fast enough for this caliber, so I would like to use that. I checked Allient's web site, and they only post data for 71gr pills. Other than stevespages.com, where can I find load 60gr load data for Unique?

jerrymrc
July 03, 2007, 22:18
Originally posted by daschnoz
I just bought a Beretta Tomcat. Time to get the rest of the reloading toys to accessorize.

My Lyman 47 & 48 manuals only have load data for 71gr pills. I would like to load some of the 60gr family of pills.

Unique is the only powder I currently have on the shelf that is fast enough for this caliber, so I would like to use that. I checked Allient's web site, and they only post data for 71gr pills. Other than stevespages.com, where can I find load 60gr load data for Unique?

I looked thru what I have and there is nothing there. IMO I would start on the hot side of 71 and work your way up.

Brush511
July 03, 2007, 23:52
The only one I have is Speer no. 13.

60 gr. Gold Dot
3.2 grs. Unique - max., no lower loads given, flagged DNR (do not reduce)
CCI 500 primer
971 fps.
.940" C.O.L.
Fired in a Walther PP

W.E.G.
July 04, 2007, 00:18
http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/RecipeDetail.aspx?title=Pistols&gtypeid=1&weight=71&shellid=1011&bulletid=11

W.E.G.
July 04, 2007, 00:24
For the lighter bullet, I'd start with an extra 0.2 grains over whatever is listed for the 71 grain bullet.

I'd think the much more difficult issue is the shape of the bullet, and whether or not it would feed in your particular gun. Seating depth too playing a major role in whether the handload is a flop.

.32 Auto guns are not known for their willingness to reliably feed a wide variety of ammo.