PDA

View Full Version : Metric stock on L1A1 lower?

digitalebola
July 02, 2007, 08:11
Will a metric stock work on an L1A1 lower? Is there a difference?

Thanks!

dougjones31
July 02, 2007, 16:13
A dremel will fix that !

Powderfinger
July 02, 2007, 23:25
Originally posted by fastprofessor

HA! Damn its been a long time since I've seen that picture. I still wonder how you got that cord through the recoil tube hole.

Just gotta want to.:rofl:
It's easy.

Radio
July 03, 2007, 01:00
Originally posted by fastprofessor
HA! Damn its been a long time since I've seen that picture.Beat me to it. Gary has posted some doozies!!!

phillip
July 04, 2007, 13:56
:eek: :biggrin: LOL

bykerhd
July 04, 2007, 15:18
A friend of mine has what I think was once a Century Thumbhole L1A1 that has an Israeli Light Barrel stock grafted on to it now. The stock was hacked to fit on to the lower and looks pretty shabby. Lots of work expended there though.
It might be better grind the "ears" off the lower and go that route. The recoil tube hole in the stock would have to be opened up in either case. And, the lower receiver tang would need to be inletted into the new stock.
Lots of work. Doable, I think. Haven't really looked at it that closely.
The end result may still be pretty ugly.

elbo
July 04, 2007, 16:36
Originally posted by bykerhd
A friend of mine has what I think was once a Century Thumbhole L1A1 that has an Israeli Light Barrel stock grafted on to it now. The stock was hacked to fit on to the lower and looks pretty shabby. Lots of work expended there though.
It might be better grind the "ears" off the lower and go that route. The recoil tube hole in the stock would have to be opened up in either case. And, the lower receiver tang would need to be inletted into the new stock.
This was a Century metric stock. Wood stocks with a ferrule will not claen up.

wandering_ronin
July 05, 2007, 00:37
Originally posted by bykerhd

I put an Israeli heavy barrel stock on mine. Since it didn't have a ferrule, there was enough wood to shape it like an L1A1 stock where it meets the lower. I had tried an Izzy LB stock first, and it looked, as stated above, "pretty shabby"...actually "looked like SH-T" would be more accurate.