PDA

View Full Version : Imbel and DSA questions?

shepard
July 01, 2007, 17:20
Hello everyone,

I want to build an FAL rifle.
I have two questions for you guys.

1) Are the Imbel kits (Imbel kit 3) from Enteprise Arms good to build on? Has anyone had any experience with this kit?

2) What DSA reciever would go well with this kit?

Thanks

gunsmith_tony
July 01, 2007, 18:42
1) Are the Imbel kits (Imbel kit 3) from Entre'prise Arms good to build on? Has anyone had any experience with this kit? Imbel kits make great rifles...depending on a few factors including, but not limited to the condition of the kit, the quality of the receiver you use, and the skill level of the builder.
2) What DSA receiver would go well with this kit? That would depend on the type of lower receiver your kit has. Most Imbels used a type-1 receiver. However, type-2 and type-1 receivers were used as well...though in smaller numbers. Of course it's really just a matter of cosmetics. Any metric receiver will work equally well. It just depends on whether or not you care if the receiver contour matches the recoil plate contour of your lower.

gunnut1
July 01, 2007, 23:30
Most Imbels used a type-1 receiver.

Don't ya mean a type 3?

Radio
July 02, 2007, 00:06
Yes, obvious mis-type from the context of the following sentence. He's quite knowledgeable.

Frankly, ANY receiver from DSA would be good on your IMBEL kit. Type-I, II or III lower on Type-I, II or III receiver, the issue is strictly cosmetic in one teeny area and hardly noticeable. Only worried about by the truly anal who have numerous FALs and are building a collection.

--Radio

GW870
July 02, 2007, 10:36
Hi'ya shepard, and welcome to the 'Files!
They're right - long as it's a metric receiver and a metric kit, you're
good to go.
Make sure you read up on what you'll need for the correct number
of US made parts.

Hey, Radio? Should 'anal retentive' be hyphenated?

GW

Radio
July 02, 2007, 11:30
Originally posted by GW870
Hey, Radio? Should 'anal retentive' be hyphenated?That was awfully anal of you, don't you think? :p

--Radio :rofl:

gunsmith_tony
July 02, 2007, 15:56
Originally posted by gunnut1

Don't ya mean a type 3?
Yep...typo.

fastprofessor
July 02, 2007, 21:46
Buy any metric DSA receiver and you're good to go. As the previous posts have stated the type 3 is probably the most "correct" but most people like the looks of the type 2 the best. Plus I don't think DSA is making type 3 receivers anymore, but I could be wrong.