PDA

View Full Version : tactical front sight

combat engineer
June 30, 2007, 10:20
Hey John, I bought one of the tactical para rear sights for my para build, have you used one of these on a FAL? do you know if they will work with the metric front sight on a 16" barrel without any tweaking?

DSARep
July 01, 2007, 08:49
I have that sight on two of my DSA rifles, and have used them on the 16" guns in training. My 16" has the Hampton lower, but it has a similar sight arrangement in terms of the actual apertures. None of my guns have anything but the standard front sight. You will be fine with that arrangement. I really prefer the AR-style rear aperture as it is much easier to pick up for CQB-type situations. When I went through Team Spartan's training you could really see the benefit of that sight when not allowed to use optics.

John

combat engineer
July 01, 2007, 10:04
Thank John, I have gotten some conflicting advise, mostly from people who don't have one.

MrWithasee
April 06, 2009, 14:45
Originally posted by DSARep
I have that sight on two of my DSA rifles, and have used them on the 16" guns in training. My 16" has the Hampton lower, but it has a similar sight arrangement in terms of the actual apertures. None of my guns have anything but the standard front sight. You will be fine with that arrangement. I really prefer the AR-style rear aperture as it is much easier to pick up for CQB-type situations. When I went through Team Spartan's training you could really see the benefit of that sight when not allowed to use optics.

John

what size front sight are you using on this setup?

DSARep
April 07, 2009, 07:36
Just the standard front sight as shipped on our SA58s. I am not sure the specific size but can find out if you need that.

John

MrWithasee
April 07, 2009, 08:11
if you could, please do. apparently they come in sizes #1 - #4 and i can't find out what those numbers mean. the one on my SA58 works fine for that application but i'm going with the hampton lower on the para build.

thanks for the help

DSARep
April 09, 2009, 07:39
From what I am told a #2 should be right, or you can get a #4 and file down as needed.

John

MrWithasee
April 12, 2009, 08:18
good deal. thanks