PDA

View Full Version : Type 1 cuts on Type 3 receiver?

jim1of6
June 28, 2007, 07:53
Looking for a someone to do the machining so the rear of the receiver matches the type 1 lower.

This is an Entreprise type 3 so there are no numbers that will be disturbed.

Jim

jim1of6
June 30, 2007, 08:06
BTT

AndyC
June 30, 2007, 10:26
Might be easier and cheaper to build up the recoil-plate on the lower to match the upper (or just buy a type 3 lower) if you're that worried about it - personally, I wouldn't even bother ;)

Radio
June 30, 2007, 13:52
I've watched this thread for a couple of days, but seeing as you aren't getting much attention, this CAN be done, but it's a big PITA and may very well be cost prohibitive when including a required refinish job when you're done. In my opinion:

(1) Do nothing, there are MANY Type-III receivers on Type-I lowers, and nobody cares.
(2) Get a Type-III lower, it will be MUCH cheaper.
(3) Just bite the bullet and get a Type-I receiver. You KNOW you want one. :biggrin:

--Radio

jim1of6
June 30, 2007, 20:52
Radio,

I do want one but the price is what's driving this decision.

I would think machining each side of the receiver shouldn't take a competent machinist very long. A refinish job on a receiver is what $50?

I have a complete kit to trade along with misc. parts if you know of someone.

I need this for a G1 kit I'm jonesin' to build.

Jim

ratas calientes
July 01, 2007, 01:15
I'd bet you can find someone that will trade a Type I for a Type III if you throw in a few $$$ to make up for the price difference. (This assumes an Entreprise Type I for your Entreprise Type 3.) The Century receivers are a Type I, and that might be a straight trade. Details would be up to you and the owner of the other receiver.

BTW, how long have you had the Type III? How does it look? Some Entreprise's can be rough, others are just fine. My first build was on an Entreprise type III. You might consider posting some detailed photos of it, and any issues you may have noted. http://chilirat.com/emoticons/chilirat.gif

gunnut1
July 01, 2007, 09:52
Don't worry about the miss match. There were many mismatched receivers in the various militaries. Unless you are trying to clone a brand new gun, then it is really kind of a moot point. You are the only one at the range that will know the differance! Like someone else said. Spend the buck and get a type three lower.