PDA

View Full Version : Bolt carrier and bolt position

Nietz
June 25, 2007, 21:13
I have a question only because I didn't look before I took it apart and now it doesn't seem correct to me, I removed the bolt carrier and bolt on an L1A1 just taking a look and when putting it back together I am unsure how it should look, currently when I pull the cocking handle back and the carrier slides back the bolt is loose inside ihe carrier is this normal? or should it move solidly with the carrier? it seems like the bolt needs to be loose onside the carrier to clear something on the way back? I have not taken this out of the safe or apart for more than 6 years other than for a quick wipe down everyT now and again

Maybe one of you fine fellas or ladies has a picture or can take a picture of how the bolt should be in the carrier as its being cocked back?

The bolt seems to go into the carrier only one way but like I said it just doesn't seem right to me that its not a solid connection between the two and I just want to make sure it is together correctly, Thanks for any knowledge help or insight on this problem

Nietz

Mosin Guy
June 25, 2007, 21:53
Look in the link I posted about half way down there is a section on Field Stripping the FAL http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/gas.html

W.E.G.
June 25, 2007, 21:56
Originally posted by Nietz
...when I pull the cocking handle back and the carrier slides back the bolt is loose inside ihe carrier is this normal?

Yes. That is normal.