PDA

View Full Version : STG 58 flash hider ?? to screw or solder

ThePreacher
June 24, 2007, 22:39
I have an stg 58 kit that has the threads removed during the aw ban I would like to put an original fh back on to complete it. should I rethread the barrel or just solder it on? the barrel was trimmed right behind the threads. I am thinking if I solder it on I can slide it on up to the threads and keep it the original length but that will leave a cavity to collect dust and fouling residue. if I put it on the lathe and rethread it it will be about 3/4" too short. Any sugestions?

O and also anybody know where I can get one for a decent price?

Radio
June 24, 2007, 23:33
If you solder it on, you'd better make danged sure you indexed it correctly. Sure would be hell if you had canted the FH in relation to the bore centerline too much. Exiting bullets striking the FH does not help your accuracy very much. :D

So you will have a 20-3/4" barrel, so what. Nobody but you and your hairdresser will know. If that last fraction of an inch is so important, just get a stock replacement barrel, with the threads already in place.

Better to rethread the barrel. Where to get a STOLL?? Check the standard Files Vendors first, otherwise these things used to be all over the place... I'd guess maybe ten bucks. Twenty for inflation :D

--Radio

Court in Fl
June 25, 2007, 00:55
Threading the barrel is the way to go.

Court in FL.

Virginia Jake
August 20, 2007, 13:39
I have a nice stoll flash hider that I will sell you! How about fifteen dollars?

Contact me by E-mail

retroxel at vcu dot edu

Yours,
Virginia Jake