PDA

View Full Version : Imbel receiver markings

preTex
June 21, 2007, 20:45
Are there any differences between Imbel receivers? Ones marked R1A1 Sporter, others without and have the logo stamp, etc.?????

shootist87122
June 21, 2007, 20:50
R1A1 Sporter is a name used by Century Arms (aka The Beavers) on their builds.

vmtz
June 21, 2007, 21:16
An Imbel is an Imbel is an Imbel.

Vince

hockeysew
June 21, 2007, 21:39
Originally posted by preTex
Are there any differences between Imbel receivers? Ones marked R1A1 Sporter, others without and have the logo stamp, etc.?????

The Century Imbel may be a combination of Inch/Metric whereas to the best of my knowledge all the rest of the Imbels are Metric only.
I would think the the one marked R1A1 would fall into the combination catagory.
Mag well and charging handle rails would be a good place to look at.
The mag well may have been opened up to take Inch mags and the CH rails may have been machined to take the folding Inch CH. If they are you have a combination reciever.
It will function ok but whether or not it will take a metric magazine securley is a question.

In talking to a couple of folks who have built quite a few there is no difference functionally between Gear vs Non Gear recievers. As a matter of fact the Logo ones can be a bit tight on the bolt carrier due to the imprinting of the logo.

Azrial
June 21, 2007, 23:03
I have had to explain this before...

Only the prime Imbels received the gear logo, the rest are "pretty good" but the logoed ones are the "cream of the copy." Imbel is a proud company! Why else would they be ashamed to put their logo on one of their receivers?

The only people that will tell you different are the folks that had to be satisfied with the, "generic" Imbels... :devil:

gunnut1
June 22, 2007, 00:24
I agree with Vince. An Imbel is an Imbel is an Imbel. And I disagree that the gear logos are the cream of the crop. The on e and only Imbel I assembled had a problem and it was a GL Imbel. Not a big problem mind you but still a problem. If the GL is the cream of the crop, then they should be prefect.

Radio
June 22, 2007, 01:03
I have to agree with Azrial. :biggrin:

You non-GL hosers are simply jealous.

Bwana John
June 22, 2007, 08:48
Not only are GL Imbel receivers better than NGL Imbel receivers, ones with PAC import marks are superior to ones with CAI import marks!:devil:

shootist87122
June 22, 2007, 09:11
Originally posted by Bwana John
Not only are GL Imbel receivers better than NGL Imbel receivers, ones with PAC import marks are superior to ones with CAI import marks!:devil:

+1. With the possible exception of the ones imported in the early/mid 90's and attached to the beaver built CAI's. :D (Like the "CAI Receiver" that is actually an Imbel import that Vince once tried to buy from me without telling me why.)

jwv3
June 22, 2007, 12:27
In addition, pre 2000 PAC imported GL receivers with factory roll stamp "IMBEL F┴BRICA DE ITAJUB┴ - BRASIL" are even better. ;)

Originally posted by Bwana John

Radio
June 22, 2007, 13:51
I see nothing but the bare truth in this thread. :biggrin:

Owner of numerous 1998/1999, PAC, GL, IMBELS...
--Radio

vmtz
June 22, 2007, 14:22
Originally posted by shootist87122

+1. With the possible exception of the ones imported in the early/mid 90's and attached to the beaver built CAI's. :D (Like the "CAI Receiver" that is actually an Imbel import that Vince once tried to buy from me without telling me why.)

Hmmmm, don't remember that. Oh well, is that POS CAI still for sale cheap?

Vince

preTex
June 22, 2007, 21:31
Thanks for all the feedback... guess I'll have to get a GL receiver to avoid future embarassment! :shades:

Azrial
June 22, 2007, 23:32
Originally posted by preTex
Thanks for all the feedback... guess I'll have to get a GL receiver to avoid future embarassment! :shades:
Wise move, and good luck finding a prestigious GL!

tjoesim
June 25, 2007, 13:24
Buy a Hesse and you won't have to worry about which one's are better!!

Azrial
June 26, 2007, 00:38
Originally posted by tjoesim
Buy a Hesse and you won't have to worry about which one's are better!!
Oh Yeah, there will be no debate then.... :rolleyes:

Radio
June 26, 2007, 15:38
Or how about DPMS, you will know what brand your receiver is from 100yds away.