PDA

View Full Version : accidental double fire

wytpryd
June 20, 2007, 22:01
Good day,
2001 imbel type 2 reciever, Imbel kit , FSE trigger group......
After 1000 rnds or so I'm gettin an occasional double-triple burst goin on, ....
Is this a worn disconnector , gas adjustment, or what..could one of you wise gents out there point me in the right direction???

gunnut1
June 20, 2007, 22:20
First, there is no such thing as an Imbel Type 2. :wink:

Now to the problem. The HTS is worn out. FSE had a lot of trouble with their HTS sets doubling. I went through 3 of them. You can either send them back to FSE for a replacement, send them to Gunplumber to be fixed or toss them and get a DSA set.

wytpryd
June 20, 2007, 22:29
Sorry, meant grade 2 kit (dans), NL imbel.
Thanks fer yer insight...

gunnut1
June 20, 2007, 22:35
Originally posted by wytpryd
Sorry, meant grade 2 kit (dans), NL imbel.
Thanks fer yer insight...

No worries. I just felt compeled to correct you for some reason!:wink:

brownknees
June 21, 2007, 07:14
An alternative possibility is that there is crud getting down inside the HTS & causing the problem by grunking up the engagment points.
Does the problem go away after cleaning & only come back after a lot of rounds fired?
If it does then you're looking at material from the firing & cycling process getting into the mechanism, if not then I agree with the first posted reply.

A friend of mine had a similar problem. After I excavated an amazing amount of burnt powder, shaved brass chips & congealed WD-40, from his HTS it was fixed.

About a year later it started again!

This time I took the HTS apart before cleaning, guess what the oval cut out in the sear was blocked with the same stuff, but hardened.

Now he actually CLEANS the rifle once in a while, instead of just hosing 1/2 a can of WD-40 thru till it comes out pale grey instead of black.:sad: :cool:

gunnut1
June 21, 2007, 09:35
Tell him to throw the WD40 in the trash and use a real gun cleaner.

lew
June 21, 2007, 15:41
I had that problem with a brand new FSE set. Another member on this board milled the sear engagement point on the hammer deeper. Over a thousand rounds later, it works like a champ. The trigger pull feels like something from a custom bolt action.

Abominog
June 21, 2007, 17:35
Originally posted by gunnut1
First, there is no such thing as an Imbel Type 2. :wink:

Actually, there is. Gunplumber posted a photo of one last year.

101ABN327
June 21, 2007, 17:40
Originally posted by Abominog

Actually, there is. Gunplumber posted a photo of one last year.

I'd like to see that one!!!

brownknees
June 21, 2007, 19:00
Tell him to throw the WD40 in the trash and use a real gun cleaner.
I tried that.
It's not like he actually cleans it with WD 40, he just hoses it down with the stuff.:uhoh:

I was afraid that he'd stop all maintenance if I pushed it.:rofl:

shootist87122
June 21, 2007, 21:48
Originally posted by wytpryd
...could one of you wise gents out there point me in the right direction???

Best advise I have is to give FSE-USA a call. If purchased directly from them (and maybe even if not) they will replace it for free.

wytpryd
June 21, 2007, 22:33
Thank you all fer yer help....

:rofl:

gunnut1
June 21, 2007, 23:41
I was afraid that he'd stop all maintenance if I pushed it.

That would be better then hosing any gun down with WD40. At least it won't gum up. Get a bottle of real gun oil and show him the differance. Or you could accidently drop his can of WD40 on the floor on the spigot. Then it would leak and he would have to throw it away!