View Full Version : Double hook vs Single hook

hockeysew
June 16, 2007, 16:21
What is the difference in performance?

Which is better to have?

Thanks all!

NoNotAgain
June 16, 2007, 18:35
Personal preference is the double hook version as the trigger seems to stay centered better than the single hook versions that I have used.

When the AK's were full auto the safety sear kept the trigger from moving to the right side of the receiver. Without the sear the trigger sometimes moves out of place and the hammer won't be caught by the disconnector.

DYNOMIKE
June 16, 2007, 19:24
FWIW, I Double Hooks on all Mine..
Triggers on all of them are Peachy.. :beer:

Kyrottimus
June 23, 2007, 15:07
Using mil-spec hammers (with the extended hook-leaf) will mean any single-hook trigger will work perfectly fine without fail.

Just make sure you have the cursory # of U.S. Compliance Parts. That and if you're Hammer is off of a military rifle, you take a cutting-disc (dremel) to the sear hook on the front of the pin hole to round it off. Rebluing/finishing it is easy.

snowman72
June 23, 2007, 19:13
Hi all, new to the group here, just thought I'd post my opinion on the single-vs-double hook trigger question.

It depends on who made your trigger. Century Arms was notorious for the crappy triggers they put in their rifles. Would slap the pi$$ out of your trigger finger. I've tried Global Trades milled triggers and RSA adjustable triggers and finally settled on the G-2 offered by TAPCO. For the money ($40 vs $60 from Global Trades) they can't be beat. For that $40, you get the trigger, hammer, and disconnector and depending on if they've got a deal on 'em, you can even get the cool little retainer plate, too. If not, it's an xtra $12 to the package. Well worth it, IMO, as the shepards hook is a PITA to fiddle around with.

I now use G-2's in all of my rifles, both single and double hook. I've got singles in my MD 63, Polack folder, and SA-85 (all 3 kit built) and doubles in my SAR 2, M70 folder, and Krink SBR (last 2 kit built) . The only problem with the double is the small amount of grinding with a Dremel to get it to fit.

Anyway, that's my $.02.

hockeysew
June 24, 2007, 14:53
Thanks for the info guys!
Waiting for my parts set from Bocefus!