View Full Version : Loctite Para Stock Bolt?

June 14, 2007, 10:24
I am about to connect the stock to my Para lower again. I did this a few months ago but fuxked it up and there was a little play between the 2 parts. Seperating them was a nightmare but my Dremel saved the day (see pic).

I ordered a new stock bolt from Falcon Arms (thanks Ron) and need to know: should I loctite the stock bolt to the lower or just loctite the little set screw in place or loctite both?

Thanks guys,

Scott V2
June 14, 2007, 19:35
I personally wouldn't use locktite on either.

English Mike
June 14, 2007, 20:03
Screw the bolt in as hard as you can, then tighten the spreader screw down hard.
If it loosens, then just tighten both again.

The new build Para I shot at FALFest stayed solid after initial sighting in with one re tightening.

June 15, 2007, 04:16
OK thanks guys. I will see how tight I can get them. I threaded the last set screw though so I'll go easy on this one. My Dremel cringes at the sight of my FAL now.
Thanks again,

June 15, 2007, 06:34
I can't see any harm on using BLUE loctite on it.

Maybe while you are still tinkering you might leave the threads untreated.

Once I have a gun the way I want it, I loctite all threaded fasteners that could loosen in such a way to compromise function of the rifle. Surely, your stock coming loose would be a problem if it were to happen at the wrong time.

June 15, 2007, 11:18
The thing that irritates me most is the play that I had between the lower receiver and the stock. My Galil has a similar type stock but a totally different way of fastening it to the receiver. Much better IMHO, with a frikkin' big pin through both parts providing structural intergrity as well as a good join.

Anyway Gary, am I correct in assuming that Blue Loctite is undo-able?

June 15, 2007, 11:25
A little heat from a soldering iron just sitting on the bolt will release BLUE loctight no problem. Heat will release RED loctight also, just need more of it.

June 15, 2007, 13:19
Thanks Jeff,
I'll get a little bottle of the blue flavour!

June 15, 2007, 15:31
I have found the blue to yield under ordinary torque of a screwdriver or wrench.

The only thing the blue seems to reliably defeat is vibration.