PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 detail strip questions

SIG552
June 12, 2007, 11:10
Gentlemen,
I am planning to park my L1A1. I have a few question regarding some of the smaller parts:

1. How do I remove the plunger from the BHO (L1A1)? see pic below
2. How do I remove the spring loaded plunger from the gas plug (L1A1)? see pic in 2nd post
3. Is it necessary to remove them before parking?

Thanks guys,

SIG552

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to post multiple attachment in 1 post?

SIG552
June 12, 2007, 11:13
pic 2

vmtz
June 12, 2007, 11:30
You don't , park and clean as necessary. If they are in good shape I would leave them alone.

Vince

owlcreekok
June 12, 2007, 11:51
What Vince said.

Don't be fuggin 'round with the bolt carrier rat tail or the charging handle knob either. Blast-park-life ees gud.

If yer handguards gots them metal thingys onna end, blast them then hold em in the park tank fer two or three minnits. Done deal.

Do us proud and post some pics when yer done.

SIG552
June 12, 2007, 11:57
Thanks guys,
All the internals of the lower aren't getting parked. The B and BC are already done so it's just the stuff still in the British Army "black paint" finish (it is a BSA L1A1) which are going to be parked. Pics will be posted when she's all done and ready. I am already dreading trying to get the gas regulator retaining spring on without fugging up the park job :(

Thanks for the help,

SIG552

Radio
June 12, 2007, 13:23
Hey Sig, you didn't mention the selector. Gotta disassemble that selector, pound the pin out, get the detent ball and spring outta there. Good Heavens Man, you are cheating yourself out of the most frustratingly exquisite pain of trying to put the friggin' thing back together. Turn Not from the Experience. You owe that kind of torture to yourself. Go to.

--Radio

SIG552
June 12, 2007, 15:45
Radio,
I actually had that pic ready but didn't even want to consider it. The horror, the horror. Perhaps it's part of becoming a true FAL guy: knowing how to put your balls back in.

I'll let you know how it went :biggrin:

SIG552