PDA

View Full Version : One of the twins arrived today

Edgsmth
June 09, 2007, 21:11
SN~70,000 STG kit on an Imbel GL receiver. Really went together pretty easy after filing down the barrel shoulder to hand time at 1130. No torque wrench but after coming up a hair short the first time I greased the threads and shoulder and it timed pretty close according to my method.

I used a laser level off the front sight ears and receiver rails and when the came up equally spaced I called it. Shot the laser out 4 feet on either side and the lines were closer than I could measure. Here's a point of trivia, STG sight ears are 1.625" above the rec rails.

FSE HTS works nice, but I have a question; is this setup incapable of FA fire? I was looking it over and could not make the hammer follow the bolt.

Didn't get it headspaced today, need a .257 shoulder, which I spent about 4 hours filing and honing down from an Imbel LS. I plan on squeezing that in tomorrow and test firing.

922r parts;
Fake Stolle FH
PG
DSA stock
HTS
Tapco one piece CH.

Original finish.

powermad
June 09, 2007, 21:14
The link for the pix don't work.

Edgsmth
June 09, 2007, 21:17
Originally posted by powermad
The link for the pix don't work.

I'm on dialup now, will take some tomorrow and post when I get back to the apt.

bykerhd
June 09, 2007, 21:38
The FSE HTS will not produce full-auto fire, if they are functioning properly.
If your selector will rotate to the Full-auto position you can cause the rifle to malfunction, but not go Full-auto. Better to use a semi-only selector, modify your selector, pin the lower to stop the selector from swinging too far or use a semi-only pistol grip. The latter being the easiest for the money.

Edgsmth
June 09, 2007, 21:55
Thanks, it must be working properly as the hammer will not follow the bolt in FA position.

Radio
June 10, 2007, 00:24
The FCG alone cannot control whether the hammer follows the bolt. What DOES control this would be the selector and the trigger return plunger.

The hammer won't follow the bolt anyway when the selector is in "Fire" no matter what FCG you've got. This is because the hammer is being caught by the sear upon reset. However, if you rotate the selector to "Auto" AND you have a "full-auto" trigger return plunger, the trigger can depress rearward enough to physically hold the sear away from the hammer so that the hammer cannot catch it upon reset. (It is at this point in a fully-automatic FAL, after the first shot, that the safety sear takes over.) This condition will occur regardless of what US-made or foreign-made H/T/S you have installed. Again, it's not a function of those parts to control that.

Some US-made hammers are supposed to lack the safety sear notch on the forward side, but without a safety sear in the receiver anyway this is actually meaningless in a practical and functional sense.

--Radio