December 05, 2001, 12:26
Well I got some good news and I got some bad news. The bad news first. This wrench was very poorly made. Upon initial inspection I noticed that all the sufaces on it were sharp and rough. Nothing a little emory cloth and dremel couldn't fix. When I first went to install it I couldn't hardly get the bolts out of the thing because they were cross threaded (came that way not my fault for once). Oh well, dad's got a tap and die set. Once I got those fixed and tightened down the wrench on the reciever I noticed there was a bit of a flaw in the wrench dimensions. The shape was so that when installed the wrench rested on top of the charging handle slot. Off to the bench grinder. By now I was becoming slightly pturbed. :mad: Once the wrench was reshaped it fit fine and I proceded to fix the timing on my barrel (which is another fiasco altogether). Barrel at TDC now so I take off the wrench and it did a pretty good job of marring the finish. :eek: Now for the good news. All of the afformentioned problems were fairly easy to fix, and once fixed the wrench works fine. The marring could be stopped by simply putting some electrical tape on the reciever first, so that could be construed as my fault. :rolleyes: Another plus was that I got this cheap so all this didn't bother me to bad. So buyer beware if you don't have at least some basic shop equipment then save yourself a headache and buy a Cassey Elliot.