PDA

View Full Version : Belgium Short comb. Device????

JLH FN
April 08, 2007, 14:05
Hello all, stuipd question on the short combo. device. Is it a left hand thread or right hand thread? I purchased one, but it will no go on my Belguim FAL. I aslo bought the long flash hidder and it works fine! Any help please!

Bruce Allen
April 08, 2007, 14:26
Should be left hand thread... if original.

2savage4you
April 08, 2007, 14:37
Am i correct on this. the short combo is metric and the long f/h is inch right guys? So you have one with right hand and one with left hand threads

J. Armstrong
April 08, 2007, 18:01
Both the combo device and the "Browning" long FHs can be found in either RH or LH 9/16x24 threads. military barrels are usually LH , the commercial type 3s ( for example ) are commonly RH. Also, the brownings will not fit if the barrel has the shoulder a couple of inches back from the muzzle, combos will fit.

eagle54
April 08, 2007, 18:14
Originally posted by JLH FN
Hello all, stuipd question on the short combo. device. Is it a left hand thread or right hand thread? I purchased one, but it will no go on my Belguim FAL. I aslo bought the long flash hidder and it works fine! Any help please!

Hello

There are 2 models of the Short Flashider :

Right Hand Model :
One with the Thread to the Right , to be used with a Washer and a 2mm dia pin to be located across the external diameter .

Left Hand Model :
One with a thread to the left which locates automatically the locking groove in the correct position. Washer is not necessary <- ( Sometimes ) :)

J. Armstrong
April 08, 2007, 18:24
Originally posted by eagle54

Washer is not necessary .

If you are lucky ;)

eagle54
April 08, 2007, 18:32
Originally posted by J. Armstrong

If you are lucky ;)

You Are Correct there :wink:

Rooster
April 08, 2007, 21:37