PDA

View Full Version : DCI Tantal Receivers?

Regal Beagal
March 11, 2007, 07:49
Okay, now that I have my tantal kit, I'm debating on whether or not I should build it up on a DCI receiver or a Armory receiver. Has anyone here built on one of DCI's new tantal receiver and how did it go together? I've built on the Armory receivers and have never had any problems so I'm a little timid about making the switch. Plus, I can get a Armory 5.45x 39 receiver a tad bit cheaper but for the extra few dollars I won't have to do any extra milling and I won't have to buy a safety switch with the DCI. Also, with the DCI what parts do you get rid of to make it semi-auto and do you have to modify anything to make it work? Thanks! RB

ftierson
March 11, 2007, 13:42
In my opinion, DCI makes the best AK receivers that are currently available...

Their Tantal receiver has the holes to make your Tantal really look like a Tantal (leftside switch and everything)...

And it's very reasonably priced compared to other receivers to boot...

Why would you use anything else unless you already had something in hand that you could finagle with...?

Forrest

FloridaAKM
March 18, 2007, 15:30
I am waiting on two custom numbered receivers from DCI to start the builds on Tantal kits I have had for 1 & 2 years. I won't build on any other receivers. You can't go wrong with DCI / Harlan products IMHO! I have had my hands in many builds on these and other receivers. DCI is the best there is.

Mad Dog 7.62
March 18, 2007, 17:13
I agree, hard to beat the DCI receivers. Until I saw this thread, I was not aware they had come out with a Tantal receiver, and I happen to have a Tantal kit that has been sitting around a long time. Now there is a receiver on the way for it!!
MD

Oh, and since Sportsmans Guide finally shipped my 5.45x39 ammo that was on backorder for well over a year, I have ammo too!!!

arashi
April 11, 2007, 11:31
The NDS Tantal receiver is made for the original selector. If you use any other receiver, you'll end up having to use a standard AK selector.

eyegun
May 08, 2007, 18:00
I just built a Tantal on a Nodak receiver last Friday.

Went together really really easy.

Shoots like a dream.

This is build 20+ for me, and Nodak receivers are hands down the best.

wolfsburgbob
May 08, 2007, 20:32
I wish I had a PRIMO Tantal kit to build on one of DCI's "Tantalizing" receivers.

There are threads out there showing how to make your burst control selector work as an extention of the correct Tantal safety.

Ummm Ummm Good!

Regards,

Mr. Tantal

:wink:

PS,..I know I'll burn in hell for that "Mr. Tantal" signature.

Oh well (Hell). Been THERE, done THAT!