PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Arkansas hog huntin.

daddy0011
January 05, 2007, 22:38
Just came back from a most awesome hog hunt the week before christmas.
The place was northwest Arkansas. Had the best time ever on a weekend hunt in years. It was my first ranch hog hunt and I'm told the accomodations were better than most. The cost was $ 350 per which includes housing, (3 bedroom house w/4 beds, full kitchen), guide service,
Hauling,skinning ,quartered,and in your cooler. That buys you 2 hogs, the first, any size, (there are several 250 class hogs), the second, up to 100 lbs. free. Over 100 lbs. $ 1.00 a lb. I shot a 173# Razorback boar, and a
134# razorback sow and it cost me $34 extra. Only shot that small boar cause he was about to crawl up my pant leg on a stalk. The quality of these hogs is far better than the hogs I've seen come from OK, or TX. These hogs are better fed and well fattened up, (the 173# boar I shot was only 2 Years old or less and had tusks not much bigger than a dogs canines). I just can't
rave enough about these very good people and the treatment we received.
Call Arkansas Ridgerunners@479-497-1963
Any questions about my trip, E-Mail me @ daddy0011@kcnet.com

P.S. Had almost as much fun video taping ,as I did hunting.
Take plenty of tapes!

hedp
January 05, 2007, 23:39
Sounds pretty nice. Whereats in NW Arkansas is the place? NWA covers a bit of ground, but I'm about 30 miles from the edge of it (stateline)

daddy0011
January 06, 2007, 09:48
Just north of Oark, Through the center of town and straight (as if any road in Ar. is straight) up the mountain. Beautiful country, great people.
Thanks, JK

v188
January 06, 2007, 23:43
Sounds interesting. I've been looking for something to do on a scdeduled trip to NW Ark. I tried to Google Ark Ridgerunners, and the Oark, but no luck.

Do they have a website, or someplace to get info to read? I'd like to read up before i call.

Also, do you need a Ark hunting permit, or are hogs fair game (feral) like here in Missouri?

Thanks in advance.

daddy0011
January 07, 2007, 12:12
No their not on the internet as of yet.
Pamphlets were at the printers when I was there. I'm supposed to get some when they are available. If you call they might be in by now.
No you don't need a Ark license since these are ranch animals.
Don't know what part of Mo. your from but it's a 5 1/2 drive from K.C.
My friend found them in the ads on the back cover of the Kansas hunting regs booklet. He says that he will not be back to OK.,or TX. after our experiences with these folks. Give them a call and tell them the Kansas Smokers sent ya.
Thanks, J.K.

SmokeEater2
January 07, 2007, 14:48
There are no seasons on hogs here in Arkansas. The only requirement is that you use a caliber that is legal for whatever season is open. i.e. if deer or bear season is open,then whatever caliber is legal for them. If squirrel season is open then its .22s or shotguns with small shot.(not the best choice for hawgs)
No limits what so ever since they are such destructive critters and they breed like rabbits.

daddy0011
January 17, 2007, 22:10
Sorry, phone number correction.
In my haste to get this post up I typed the wrong Phone number.
The correct number is as follows.
479-497-1973.
I guess I was afraid of getting the area code and prefix screwed up
and dumped the rest.
Again, sorry to those who tried to call.
J.K.