PDA

View Full Version : Nodak Spud

neminion
January 02, 2007, 17:39
Got my LAR-1 FAL receivers and they are great. Thanks Harlan & Mike for getting them to me, couldn't have come at a better time, worth the wait. Great price too ($199.).

ram
January 02, 2007, 20:01
I've been remiss in not posting my experiences with Harlan and company. I've purchased a couple of AK receivers from them. Fast service, good price, good merchandise. It doesn't get any better.

bookertbab
January 02, 2007, 20:31
Originally posted by neminion
Got my LAR-1 FAL receivers and they are great. Thanks Harlan & Mike for getting them to me, couldn't have come at a better time, worth the wait. Great price too ($199.).

Do you have any pics? Are all the holes centered correctly? Did you have any problems building on them?

neminion
January 02, 2007, 21:22
Didn't take any pics and they aren't built. I plan on using these as a base for a few C1/C2 builds so they need to goto the engraver.

The threads were reamed out a bit for the barrel and gas nut on 2 of them, probably a bit of QC & cleanup, because the park was absent. From the inside, the gas nut hole is a bit off-center but I hear thats ok because it is where it should be.

I should compare them to the original FAC mold receivers since I have them around. Park seems thicker on these compared to the original FAC receivers.

Who says the days of $199. receivers are gone forever?

arashi
January 04, 2007, 18:19
Nodak told me they were $250 plus shipping.

Were you on the old FAC list?

larphred
January 04, 2007, 19:30
Does the receiver say "SPUD" in big letters on the side?

neminion
January 04, 2007, 21:11
Were you on the old FAC list? Yes - since early 2004. I think I was one of the first.

I did G1s, STG58s, R1s, and lastly these. The STGs and G1s are real nice and I hope they return to custom engraving, esp since they also did custom SN and a G1 NSN.