View Full Version : Bass Pro getting out of reloading ?

December 15, 2006, 22:25
I cruised through the Katy Mills Bass Pro today for a while. After the obligatory shopping for slacks and wifey present (yes, they had a nice piece of jewelry she will like. The girl that sold it was easy on the eyes too !) I made my way to the reloading department.

I got more stuff than they do !

Are they getting out of reloading ? I was tempted to ask someone, but decided I didn't care. However I DID buy a pound of Bullseye. It was about what I would pay from Powder Valley before shipping and Hazmat.

Y'all keep an eye peeled on Bass Pro if ya got one around. If they are quitting the reloading biz, might pick up a deal.

Surprisingly, they had Hornady 123 gr, .310 bullets on the shelf. :uhoh: I was shocked. Got shocked again when I saw the box of 100 would be $25 out the door. I ain't the one, bucko ! :eek:

December 19, 2006, 10:14
The Bass Pro Shop here in Atlanta has also just about depleted anything related to reloading. No deals however on what's left. Too bad.

December 19, 2006, 19:57
My wife checked BassPro in Grapevine today for CCI small rifle primers, $29.99/K. They have to be smoking crack for putting that kind of price on there.

Guess we will wait till the local fun show and buy them for $17-18/K.

Semper Fi

January 03, 2007, 22:41
I went to the 'local' (50 miles each way) BP in the Arundel Mills mall in Occupied Maryland in early October to spend a gift card I received for my birthday. The ONLY thing I went there for was reloading components. They had diddly!

I asked the kid behind the counter and he said that they stopped stocking reloading compnents the first of the year (2006), because the bean counters said that they weren't making any money on them. He went on to say that every day since then, he has personally fielded 3-6 questions about said reloading components, and so had all the other salesmen! It doesn't have to make sense, I don't guess.

No reason for me to drive 100 miles any more, then. I spent the gift card on ammo, and told everyone not to get me any more from them.