PDA

View Full Version : 101ABN327's Rhodie chest rigs

lew
December 11, 2006, 19:25
I didn't see another thread, so here goes.

In reference to this thread: Rhodesian chest rig (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177233)

I just got mine and am extremely pleased with both the product and the service. It's very comfortable when loaded. The stitching is expertly done, and his price is more than reasonable.

Now I just need to paint up one of my R1's and a few mags to go along with this. :cool:

In short: get one. You will be glad you did.

82ndRecon
December 13, 2006, 13:26
I have heard they are very well made and glad your happy with it. I am thinking about getting one as gift for a friend and was wondering if they are easy/qucik to put on and take off?

Mark

lew
December 13, 2006, 15:28
It's easy and quick enough to put on and take off. Just hold it up, be sure the straps aren't twisted, and slide your head and arms through to their respective positions. The straps are fastened by sets of two D-rings, so they're adjustable.

82ndRecon
December 13, 2006, 15:51
Thanks much for the feed back..Sounds simple enough even I could get the hang of that.

dadman
December 20, 2006, 16:34
Thought I would add my review here also.

Pro:
Construction/sewing is great.
Material, webbing/straps is good.
The fabric for the pouches is good, but thin when compared to the stiffer nylons used for newer type gear.
Snaps for pouch flaps seem durable. Curious to see how they hold up after numerous openings and closings.
Fairly easy to get into after setting up the strap lengths. Used the over the top-arms through of putting it on.
Straps are easy to adjust while wearing.
While wearing a USGI belt with canteen pouches, chest rig fits ok with neither belt or rig interfering with each other.

Con:
With pouch flaps snapped closed and a mag in pouch, the flap can be pushed over and the mag removed. Don't know how this would affect mag retention when crawling, running, etc.
The snap on the inside of the pouch contacts the front of the mag, making noise when jumping or rocking back and forth. Maybe sew a patch on the snap backside or tape?

Wife thought it was something for her ordered by me when she saw the sender name :biggrin:
After opening it, I told her she could still try it on.

Good KISS gear. Glad I bought it. Nice reproduction of gear from a free country(formerly) that used FAL's.

lew
December 20, 2006, 16:53
I used hockey tape on the back of the snaps. There's barely any sound when the mag hits it.