PDA

View Full Version : Reliable cast bullet source.

Trooper894
December 04, 2006, 12:05
Looking for a reliable & repeatable cast bullet source for pistol bullets. Primarily for 45 Long Colt, 45 ACP, etc. Live in Ohio so closer is better, due to shipping costs.
Planned on trying National Bullet Co. but finding overwelming number of complaints from customers on other boards. Anybody else with another source close?
Thanks

perdurabo
December 04, 2006, 14:10
I use Scharch. Free shipping on orders over $70 as well:

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=3691123&showprevnext=1

MAINER
December 07, 2006, 19:42
www.midway.com

perdurabo
December 07, 2006, 22:45
Originally posted by MAINER
www.midway.com

http://www.midwayusa.com/ actually

Keep in mind that all you need to do to get non-sucker pricing from Midway is to have an 03 C&R on file with them. Do a search for "free freight". There are certain heavy items like bulk bullets and casting lead they will send you via USPS flat rate boxes that doesnt have a separate shipping charge.

kycrawler
December 07, 2006, 23:21
midsouth shooters supply

DJ
December 08, 2006, 18:18
Penn Bullets. I've been shooting their bullets for years.
www.pennbullets.com
They're just outside of Pittsburgh Pa, so depending on where you are in Ohio they may be close to you.

Temp
December 10, 2006, 12:36
This guy has a nice selection and his bullets are filled out nicely.

I've been shooting some of his gas checked rifle bullets through a K31.

http://www.proshootpro.com/

Trooper894
December 11, 2006, 11:02
Thanks to everyone for all of your suggestions. This is my first winter since I retired and my goal is to reload every piece of pistol brass in the reloading shop over the winter as the finances (and honeydo list) will allow. Your recommendations have already been put to use with 10,000 bullets ordered from various sources Friday. Thanks again.

kycrawler
December 15, 2006, 21:34
great news glad to see my ups man isnt the only one getting tortured :smile:

Trooper894
December 15, 2006, 21:47
My UPS guy is great and he takes great care of me, so I try to take care of him whenever I can. I try to meet him at the truck with a dolly if I am expecting something heavy/bulky, so he can keep moving on his route. I live in a fairly rural part of the county and it's not unusual for him to still be making stops late in the evening and I know he starts long before I even get up. Unfortunately, when the last 5000 bullets were delivered I wasn't home and he had to unload all 130lbs.

Deltaten
December 15, 2006, 22:13
I'll second the Penn Bullets vote, for being local.
I used them for years in competition and CCW pieces ammo. Only reason I stopped was the raping we took on comp .45 bullets hey thought that since it was a specila use bullet, that they could get a special price.

I now use Roger's Better Bullets, down near Philly. Priced according to weight, not demand. I have yet to try any of the rifle bullets, but the .45's are the schnitz! A K of the 10mm's are now in stock ready for reloading.

Best,
Paul