View Full Version : Giraud or Doyle Gracey trimmer?

December 03, 2006, 20:40
I've been reloading the .308 for 10-years now and the least fun part of the process is the trimming and chamfering. I just read about two high volume trimmers and don't know which to get. The Doyle Gracey is less expensive than the Giraud. Anyone have experience with these? Neither is cheap. I just want the best bang for the buck.

Since Mil. Surp. is going the way of the dinosaurs, I figured I'd start to get into high volume loading. I figure I can raise the money for the trimmer and a Dillon 550B by selling my SA .308 and what's left of my Aussie.

December 03, 2006, 21:46
I have a Gracey in 30-06. I got the cutter unit only and run it with an electric drill. I will likely add a small 3,000 rpm motor and carbide cutter at some point. I am very happy with the unit. It make the 3 step trim, debur, chamfer PIA process fun. Once set, its like using a big pencil sharpener. Just push the case the case and give a little twist......all done. Best money I ever spent reloading.

December 04, 2006, 19:08
Thanks for the comeback. Gads, I love this hobby. Always something "new" that I must have. :D