PDA

View Full Version : Total number of receivers for US market?

'TUDE
November 26, 2006, 15:01
Wouldn't it be nice if we could reference the total manufactured stats per manufacturer?

Maybe some of you have access to the people/companies that would release this info.

Let's see. How about:

1. Armscorp
2. Williams
3. DPMS
4. DCI
5. DSA
6. Century US
7. Century Imbel
8. Hesse
9. Vulcan
10. Imbel
etc, etc.

Just saying, that it would be nice for the ultimate one-stop source on the net for FAL info should have this if possible.

ftierson
November 26, 2006, 18:34
Originally posted by mark214
In was wondering the same thing in reference to Imbel receivers.
I am sure they did not go in order but my first Imbel was an Enterprise import SN IB5XX my last was a CAI import SN 141XXX.

You may have to do some detective work since it would be surprising if the big importers of Imbel's CAI, TDW or Enterprise let that info out.

I agree that this info would be nice to have.

As far as I'm concerned, you can leave Entreprise off the list...

But that's probably just me...

Forrest

hydrotx
November 27, 2006, 09:49
I think I can help with Williams

Steel - 3

Abominog
November 27, 2006, 20:59
What would be equally fun is to compare the quantity of FALs manufactured by FN during, say 1955-1975 to our US restored FALs, 1990-2010.

'TUDE
November 27, 2006, 21:08
Originally posted by hydrotx
I think I can help with Williams

Steel - 3
Yes, plus 1 titanium he made for himself.

Scott V2
November 28, 2006, 05:42
{Tin foil hat fully glued on}

What the $&*@ is a FAL? I have no idea what you are talking about! Guns kill innocent children!

Really,
Do you want to compile a shopping list for Nancy, Chuck, and Hillary when the day comes? I would rather hope that many FFL shops have mysterious fires in the file room in the future.

'TUDE
November 30, 2006, 15:39
Originally posted by Scott V2
{Tin foil hat fully glued on}

What the $&*@ is a FAL? I have no idea what you are talking about! Guns kill innocent children!

Really,
Do you want to compile a shopping list for Nancy, Chuck, and Hillary when the day comes? I would rather hope that many FFL shops have mysterious fires in the file room in the future.
Supposedly, this information is requested and kept on file with BATFE. So, if anyone in the position to initiate what you elude to, a call for specific numbers would be very simple.

jerrymrc
December 21, 2006, 21:21
Originally posted by Faltitude

Supposedly, this information is requested and kept on file with BATFE. So, if anyone in the position to initiate what you elude to, a call for specific numbers would be very simple.

And this is why we have the enforcement of the "kit ban" Lets play a little math game. 500,000 AK kits hit the shores. 3 years later the MFG's can only account for 50,000 receivers sold.

Zit boy finds out that people are making RECEIVERS out of flats that have no ser# and no way of tracking it. This is all legal of course but now zit boy's boss wants to know where the other 450,000 AK's are. WE know allot have been put away for a rainy day (along with flats) but the boss being the educated person he is only thinks in terms of the gallon of milk. they come in, they are built, they are guns. loss of 450,000 AK's in the country makes the boss very uneasy.

Solution? Stop the kits until we can account for the guns. A FAL is much more difficult and I am sure the #s do not add up there also but IMO the flood of AK's was OUR undoing.

Now back to the topic. I have seen AR #s Does anyone have the #'s from the Mfg's on the FAL receivers? I would like to know.

kram 432
April 08, 2007, 13:37
I miss Cobray/ RPG in the old days. Kits... no problem.:beer: