PDA

View Full Version : my friend and i shot 10 deer yesterday

jaykden
November 17, 2006, 14:34
we have been having a winter storm for the past week, and now have almost a 1.5 ft on the ground. my freind and i took off in my boat headed north and came home with 10 deer we shot off the beaches. saw quite a few more along with alot of small ones. now, we have alot of work ahead. i shot a couple with the AR, the 3 others were shot with the weatherby 7MM mag, my buddie used his savage 10FP in .308. all in all, a very busy but good day shooting. no pictures as we forgot the digital camera.

lew
November 17, 2006, 15:23
Any pictures of the aftermath? Where were you guys hunting? Wish I could bag that many deer.

jaykden
November 17, 2006, 15:29
we took some pics of them hangin out back. we can get 6 from the 1st of august to the end of january. i am also proxy hunting for a disabled friend. i live in southeast alaska and we have sitka black-tail deer around here. they are quite abit smaller than others.

lew
November 17, 2006, 15:36
Very cool deal you got going.

pumpkinheaver
November 17, 2006, 23:02
Damn, I skinned and butchered 3 this week and am sick of it. Glad it's you doing 10 and not me!!!!!!:D

jaykden
November 18, 2006, 01:49
tonite my buddie and i skinned them all out. we'll probably start butchering monday night to let them hang for abit. its still piling up with snow with temps in the high 20's during the day and mid 20's at night. when ya have a freind to BS with, it makes time fly. for dinner tonite, we feasted on fresh tenderloin, heart and liver. i aint much for liver, but i love the heart and tenderloin.

kycrawler
November 18, 2006, 10:06
i ve processed 4 big does already this year taking my 4 year old sunday and my wife out monday

shot one with a 4 inch smith 44mag and the others with a m 24/47 mauser and lapua 200 gr soft point