PDA

View Full Version : S. or SW Florida Pig Hunting Guide?

1MOR
November 02, 2006, 21:10
Anyone know of or can recommend a good/great pig hunting guide in South or SW Florida? Any bad experiences or someone not to use? Time to use one of the toys to put some pork in the freezer.

rpk74dr
November 02, 2006, 21:22
While I can't point you to a guide for hog hunting.Get a managment area permit for quota hunts.Put in for your quotas and try to get picked for Green Swamp mangment area.Green Swamp sits on the three corners of Polk ,Lake and Sumter county, excellent hog hunting.

glocktenman
November 12, 2006, 19:12
I had a boar hunter magazine that had several florida guide listed. If I can find it I'll mail it to you. PM your address if interested.

G20

1MOR
November 12, 2006, 21:25
Glocktenman - PM sent

DYNOMIKE
November 12, 2006, 22:03
rpk74dr ~
I tried The Quota hunts on Management areas three years in a Row and Only got a Stamp once, and that was in 3-Lakes (441 side) about an hour North of me. Hunted my ASS off for 3 days and got DOOKIE for the effort..
Never heard of Green Swamp, sounds MUCH better..

I heard there was a Place not far from here that wanted hunters for Nuisance Hogs..
I will try to find the info. Might be Fun for a FEW guys??

rpk74dr
November 13, 2006, 00:17
WOW really.I get Green Swamp and Joe Budd every year.

Mike,
When are we getting to the range?

Enquiring Minds
November 13, 2006, 00:19
Find Christmas-tree farms and contact the owners. Tender Scotch Pines are like candy to wild hogs, and if you can convince the owner you'll do less damage to his crop than the hogs, you might be welcome to "remove" his "nuisance".

You can break all kinds of "baiting" rules on private land, and less worry about being shot by drunks who have a "permit". ;)

rpk74dr
November 13, 2006, 00:26
Or better yet,take a trip down I-75 in the early morning.

DYNOMIKE
November 13, 2006, 07:20
Originally posted by rpk74dr
WOW really.I get Green Swamp and Joe Budd every year.

Mike,
When are we getting to the range?

I just got Some Info from my BIL on Hog Hunting..
He is also the one that Lives over your Way Mickey..
We will try and plan the Trip Soon, Very soon would be great....

I will send you some info I just got on the Hogs..

VAFisher
November 13, 2006, 07:24
I have been thinking on doing the same hunt after the first of the year, any info for a out of state guy would be great.

DYNOMIKE
November 13, 2006, 07:36
Originally posted by VAFisher
I have been thinking on doing the same hunt after the first of the year, any info for a out of state guy would be great.

If you wanted to come here We/I would/could share whatever info is found..