PDA

View Full Version : Flash suppressor lug on G1 barrel legal or no?

chinchilla
September 22, 2001, 08:33
Anybody know if it is legal to keep the lug on a G1 barrel? I noticed that Tapco is selling the sleeved FS. If you can't keep the lug how are they installing the FS? Welding or pinning them on?

LVACGAR
September 22, 2001, 08:53
It seems many are adopting a wait and see attitude. The gist of the numerous and lengthy threads on this subject (do a search)seems to be that the letter of the law does not address this issue. Others argue that the intent of the law does.

Tapco assumes no responsibility for end use of their sleeved FH. I would assume that it would be used in the quick detach fashion if one were inclined to use it. To pin or weld this sleeved device would seem to be an invitation to rust and other debris accumulating underneath.

Do a search, read the available info and make your own informed decision.

HeavyArms
October 02, 2001, 10:56
I was told that there was never a bayonet or granade launching device manufactured to fit on the G1 barrel - thus, its not a bayonet lug.

idsubgun
October 02, 2001, 11:58
Originally posted by HeavyArms:
<STRONG>I was told that there was never a bayonet or granade launching device manufactured to fit on the G1 barrel - thus, its not a bayonet lug.</STRONG>

I would have to agree with this, no bayo was ever made for a G1, so the lug cannot be considered a bayo lug.
We could weld little squares all over our barrels and it would still be legal. As long as they don't allow a bayo to be put on.
IMHO

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: idsubgun ]

idsubgun
October 02, 2001, 12:01
Although, this will allow attachment of a grenade launcher, and that is strictly VERBOTTEN. So which way do you go?

DonS
October 02, 2001, 12:10
Originally posted by idsubgun:
<STRONG>Although, this will allow attachment of a grenade launcher, and that is strictly VERBOTTEN. So which way do you go?</STRONG>

It also allows attachment of a flashhider. Also strickly verbotten.

However, as long as neither is attached . . .

gunnut1
October 02, 2001, 13:02
S far as I know, there is no law that prohibits owning a flash hider or granade launcher attachment. Just don't attach them to your G1. I have mine on display next to my Hummvee model.

EMDII
October 02, 2001, 14:24
Moved to RKBA/Legal.